University of Rochester Gateways Office Manager in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 ESM Office of the Dean
8:30 AM-5 PM
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 5/31/21.
About Gateways Music Festival: Gateways Music Festival provides a welcoming, supportive and artistically invigorating experience for professional classical musicians of African descent. Approximately 125 musicians participate in the six-day Festival which includes more than 50 chamber music and orchestral performances throughout Rochester.
Gateways participants are members of professional orchestras; faculty from music schools and conservatories; and freelance artists. Five to 8 pre-professional musicians are selected to participate in the Festival Orchestra and/or the chamber music program and a youth program attracts approximately 50 young musicians.
Gateways was founded by African-American concert pianist Armenta Hummings Dumisani, named one of the “Juilliard 100,” a list of the institution’s most prominent graduates in its 100-year history, and has been based in Rochester, New York since 1996.
While an independent 501(c)3 non-profit organization, the Gateways Music Festival has an association with the Eastman School of Music of the University of Rochester.
The Office Manager maintains all Gateways Music Festival’s financial records and databases, assists with fundraising efforts (e.g., annual appeals, acknowledgement letters) and provides administrative support to the President & Artistic Director.
- Enters income and expenses in database
- Reconciles income and expenses with budgeted accounts
- Pays bills and invoices for suppliers, vendors, etc.
- Prepares financial, tax & grant reports
Fundraising Administrative Support
- Manages annual fund (appeals)
- Enters contributions in database
- Sends acknowledgment letters
- Maintains donor database
- Manages the general office and related administrative services.
- Plans and makes all administrative arrangements for meetings and special events, including equipment, travel, hotel, meals; assists in the preparation of program literature; coordinates with necessary constituents.
- Schedules, coordinates, and oversees a broad range of specialized committee meetings and other general meetings, soliciting caterers, outside venues and utilizing Eastman campus and outside locations.
- Maintains paper and “cloud-based” files
- Composes routine and non-routine correspondence to musicians, composers, music licensors and others.
- Assigns hotel rooms and hotel liaison
- Acts as travel agency liaison for guests & artists
- Creates and maintains the content of the musician and donor databases
Board of Directors Meetings
- Records board meeting minutes and maintains online files and directories
- Staff the Finance & Audit Committee of the board of directors
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 1 year of relevant administrative experience. Prefer bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer five or more years’ experience in finance and/or administrative environment. Knowledge of QuickBooks or similar accounting software; basic database management (entering and modifying data); Proficient in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel. (MS PowerPoint and MS Publisher helpful but not required.) Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Gateways Office Manager
Location: Eastman School Music
Job ID: 206869
Full/Part Time: Full-Time