University of Rochester Financial Analyst, SMH in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Program Administrators
8 AM-5 PM
The DSRIP Financial Analyst plans the financial administration support activities for the UR Medicine DSRIP Program and its leadership teams and stakeholders. Is responsible for monitoring the Programs financial standing and managing internal controls across multiple sites and affiliates. Develops annual operating budget with input from DSRIP Program leadership. Manages the DSRIP Capital funds from including award allocation, budgeting, and invoicing. Monitors fiscal position of program accounts. Oversees specialized and highly complex analysis and monitoring in support of all program projects. This position serves as a resource of financial competencies for the DSRIP Program. Develops and implements policies and procedures related to the fiscal health of the projects to ensure sustainability and continued development of resources including creation of unique models of return on investment for nonclinical programs.
With respect to fiscal affairs and issues related to both the DSRIP program spending and Capital expenses monitoring the DSRIP Financial Analyst represents the DSRIP Program with SMH, URMG, Medical Center, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, and participating affiliates (including Thompson Health, UR Home Care, Jones Memorial Hospital and Noyes Hospital).
Financial Analysis and Monitoring
- Actively supports the building and maintaining of relationships across all fiduciary activity in the Program. Leads regular meetings with Hospital Leadership, the DSRIP Medical Director and DSRIP Administrative Director concerning financial condition of the programs of the DSRIP Program.
- Lead expertise in the areas of finances. Collaborate with site operations leaders and staff on implementation of policies and procedures. Provide continued guidelines and direction on correct accounting and ordering procedures and any routine accounting tasks done by other team members working with DSRIP funds (Capital and Operational) to monitor accuracy and efficiency.
- Responsible for identifying, recommending, and implementing modifications to the Program’s financial systems consistent with requirements of the University, Audit, and Hospital Finance. Makes recommendations concerning use of financial resources and management of accounts.
- Participates in development of DSRIP Programs fiscal policies and procedures. Evaluates opportunities and provides recommendations for growth of management and business processes to develop systems for efficient financial management and control with an appreciation for the unique financial model of the program.
- Performs extensive analyses and modeling for the department analyzing and interpreting highly complex data, statistics and financial information. Participates in the development financial strategies for successful attainment of budgetary objectives.
- Oversees the chart of accounts structure (FAOs assigned to DSRIP Program).
- Guides the management of DSRIP capital budgets. Conducts analysis related to the submission of capital budget approval from DOH and DASNY. Works to improve reporting and reconciliations of capital projects. Will adhere to program and fiscal reporting requirements of master grant contracts. Acts to ensure compliance of capital grant contracts and helps to facilitate reporting requirements upon an audit of capital funding.
Staff Supervision and Financial Mentoring
- Trains and co-supervises support staff (DSRIP Financial Analyst). Directs and reviews tasks to include coaching, mentoring, training and evaluating performance.Through this effort, ensures that the Program has proper documentation for all expenses that hit our ledgers, and all documentation for revenue that comes through on our accounts.
- Design and develop detailed financial reports and profit/loss statements, for DSRIP activities including databases to track and support financial reporting.
- Develops and maintains detailed analyses of various statistical and financial information to be used for financial reporting for all areas of program including project based reporting, practice based reporting and program level reporting.
- Research trend data and prepared specific reports, analyses, and forecasts. Track financial performance of programs through entire finance cycle. Investigate and provide insight into drivers including recommendations to improve performance and sustainability.
- Perform cost analysis in order to provide cost variances and forecasting reports. Determining why variance occurred and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Prepares and submits fiscal reports for the DSRIP Program, NYS Capital Contracts, and SMH Finance.
Budget and Business Planning
- Direct, prepare and submit annual program budgets, based on past years expenditures, changes in department revenue and operations, approval of new initiatives and input from leadership teams.
- Collaborate with DSRIP Program leadership and subject matter experts to create business plans for new and expanding programs and ventures.
- Inform decisions regarding DSRIP mission and expansion.
- Represents DSRIP Program in communication about fiscal matters with internal and external agencies. Internal offices include SMH, MFG, University Audit, Primary Care Network and General Accounting. External offices include Highland Hospital finance, UR Medicine Home Care, Jones and Noyes Hospitals.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business administration. Master’s degree (especially MBA) preferred. 4-5 years of relevant progressively responsible health care and/or University; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, motivation, problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of computer applications with advanced competency with Microsoft Office products to support financial analysis and tracking is essential.
- Ability to work in a team setting with all levels of management and staff.
- Appropriately handle sensitive and confidential material.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Financial Analyst, SMH
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 204818
Full/Part Time: Full-Time