University of Rochester Executive Assistant in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 President's Office
Under general guidance and with significant latitude for independent judgment and initiative, provides executive support to the General Secretary and Chief of Staff in the Office of the President, including providing executive support to the President of the University as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, administrative management and operational support to the General Secretary and Chief of Staff. Acts as a liaison between the General Secretary and Chief of Staff and executives and high-level administrative staff both within and outside the university. Works closely with all staff in the Office of the President in a fast-paced, team-oriented, high-visibility environment. Models organizational values and standards. Due to the nature of the office, the need for absolute confidentiality, professionalism and attention to detail is crucial.
- Represents the General Secretary and Chief of Staff in communicating instructions and interpreting administrative matters to the most senior University leaders, Trustees, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Independently answers correspondence and anticipates other inquiries involving the General Secretary and Chief of Staff.
- Proactively assesses needs, develops strategies, and implements plans to assist the General Secretary and Chief of Staff and others with departmental initiatives, adjusting to changing or competing priorities while ensuring that deadline and other project goals are met.
- Serves as staff support for the President's Cabinet and other leadership groups. Ensures all materials are prepared and available as needed. Manages the secure Web site for these leadership groups.
- Based on knowledge of the priorities and obligations of the General Secretary and Chief of Staff, manages requests for meetings and other time commitments and independently makes scheduling decisions.
- Serves as the backup to the Assistant Secretary of the Board of Trustees and Executive Assistant to the President.
- Uses initiative and judgment to manage the production of meeting materials for Board of Trustees meetings and related meetings.
- Manages the Board of Trustees secure Web site so that the Trustees may easily access highly confidential meeting materials in a secure way. Working with the Assistant Secretary and Deputy Secretary of the Board and Deputy Chief of Staff, develops and implements plans for site enhancements.
- Manages the annual production of the print Board Directory for distribution to all Trustees, senior University leaders, and key administrators. Independently works with the vendor to determine project timeline, and manages the project to completion.
- Works directly with Trustees and Trustees' assistants as needed.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and at least three years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training. At least three years of experience in an administrative capacity in an academic office or project management, or the equivalent experience in business. Experience in an academic setting is preferred, but not required.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to coordinate multiple diverse projects, set realistic deadlines and timelines, and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to resolve problems independently
- Adaptable to changing circumstances
- Strong technical skills, including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people, including University officers, trustees, staff, faculty, and community members
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 208862
Full/Part Time: Full-Time