University of Rochester Events Manager in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 052 President's Office
8:30 AM-5:30 PM; SOME NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS FOR EVENTS
Under general guidance and with significant latitude for independent judgment and initiative, manage all presidential events, including all events that take place at the president's residence, and meetings of the Board of Trustees. Requires ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented, high-visibility environment where the work is sensitive, confidential and critical to the President's mission. Model organizational values and standards.
- Manage presidential events of varying sizes and types, including those at the president's official residence, to ensure events of the highest quality in support of institutional priorities. Meetings and events often include the President, Trustees, elected officials, and other highprofile individuals. Most events are highly visible. Ensure that underlying processes and systems are as efficient and cost-effective as possible.
- Represent the Deputy Secretary of the Board and Deputy Chief of Staff in responding to event inquiries and communicating instructions. Participate in planning meetings and exercise judgment in determining next steps and appropriate level of information sharing.
- Work with key event stakeholders to define event purpose and scope. Customize event invitation lists that are the appropriate size and makeup in order to meet the specific goals of the event. Manage invitation production and mailing processes, and event registration process.
- Handle all logistical arrangements such as catering, transportation/parking, audio-visual needs, facilities requests, and rental needs. Ensure appropriate post event follow-up and recordkeeping.
- Responsible for onsite event management to ensure a successfully executed event. Arrange for appropriate personnel to assist with event staffing as needed.
- Handle all logistical arrangements for May and October Board of Trustees meetings in Rochester. These multi-day meetings are highly visible and require extensive coordination of internal and external vendors. Assist the Deputy Secretary of the Board and Deputy Chief of Staff with arrangements for the out-of-town Board retreats and committee meetings. Requires the ability to occasionally travel.
- Anticipate the President's event briefing needs and proactively research and prepare briefing materials in advance of the event.
- Provide support for or coordinate as needed other ad hoc projects in support of institutional priorities. Participate in planning meetings and exercise good judgment in sharing information as needed. Develop appropriate workflow timeline, often under intense deadlines, to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and with accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and at least three years of related work experience. Experience in an academic setting is preferred. Familiarity with the University of Rochester is helpful, but not required.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to coordinate multiple diverse projects, set realistic deadlines and timelines, and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to resolve problems independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptable to changing circumstances
- Strong technical skills, including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of people, including the University President, senior administrators, trustees, faculty, staff, students, and community members
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Events Manager
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 208856
Full/Part Time: Full-Time