University of Rochester ESM Welcome Center Coordinator and Cashier in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 ESM HR & Admin Operations
8 AM-4:30 PM
Under the general management and guidance of the Human Resources and Administrative Operations Manager, the Welcome Center Coordinator & Cashier supervises two TAR staff employees as well as 10-12 student workers and provides an environment that is welcoming, helpful and collegial for the Eastman community. This position works both independently and collaboratively to carry-out the functions of the Welcome Center and the Information Desk Offices by using a variety of logistical resources, knowledge of the academic environment, events calendars, as well as faculty and staff information to assist staff, faculty, students, visitors and community members with inquiries via phone, email and in person. Coordinates & distributes ESM package deliveries and manages the flow of incoming and outgoing mail. Is responsible for coordinating and scheduling Welcome Center and Information Desk workers and provides training and user guides for workers employed at the Welcome Center and/or the Information Desk. Performs role of Eastman Cashier, manages the receipt of daily deposits and the payment of faculty, staff and student reimbursements. Responsible for adherence to University cashier and bookkeeping procedures, maintaining accurate records and proper recordkeeping practices.
This position must ensure confidentiality, adherence to procedures and policies and ensure that rules are applied and implemented consistently.
- Manages daily cashier drawer and Dean’s Loan Fund.
- Accepts and processes payments for various student fees and tuition.
- Receives and processes cash & check deposits from all Eastman departments, including, but not limited to: theatre rental, royalty payments, Admissions and Summer Session application fees, etc., averaging over $90,000 per month during some months, deposits exceeding $250,000.
- Ensures transactions are recorded properly in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Prepares bank deposits & verifies ESM Bursar deposits 2x/week.
- Coordinates monthly student loan repayments and Dean’s Loans including cash disbursement, cash receipt, reminder notices and default notices to Bursar with the Financial Aid Office.
- Manages and distributes petty cash; ensures forms are properly completed in accordance with University policies & procedures.
- Coordinates with Financial Aid Office.
- Coordinates ESM parking process including reconciling and paying the monthly parking invoice, set-up new cardholders with parking passes, notify garage and Eastman HR of new and terminated cardholders, update parking database, annual renewal with the distribution of updated stickers and validations.
Employee and Student Employee Supervision
- Provides general supervision & training for 2-4 TAR staff employees as well as 10 - 12 student workers.
- Approves biweekly timesheet for direct staff & student employees.
- Ensures continuity of coverage from the Welcome Center to the Information Desk and coordinates or adjusts schedules based on needs of the school, student illness, breaks, juries and workload.
- Responsible for notifying & assisting the Human Resources and Administrative Operations Manager of any issues related to the management, oversight, employee-relations, time-keeping or any other relevant matters
- Answers the main phone line to ESM providing direction and assistance about Eastman activities, as well as concerts and other events taking place in Eastman venues, such as RPO and Jazz Festival concerts.
- Keeps abreast of events and activities by frequent contact with Eastman Concert Office, and by conducting research on the web and by reviewing publications such as Encore, City Newspaper, etc.
- Provides walk-up traffic with direction and assistance.
- Manages the distribution and return of faculty studio keys and general classroom keys.
- Manages locker applications and assignments for over 200 students at start of Fall Semester and move out at end of Spring.
- Manages Bike Locker key assignments and issuance.
- Prepares informational notices for student workers to ensure they have the most up-to-date information to be able to answer inquiries properly; students are first people to answer main phone line and greet walk up customers.
- Coordinates and follows through on telephone directory changes.
- Maintains ten locator boards listing current administrative staff and faculty.
Mail and Deliveries
- Manages the distribution of ESM mail and deliveries both incoming and outgoing.
- Maintains an up to date package delivery log with student assistance.
- Trains and supervises students to sort and distribute daily mail to faculty and staff mailboxes.
- Coordinates with Facilities the arrival and delivery of oversize items; trouble shoots when arrivals of such are unanticipated.
- Maintains current listing of mailbox holders; adds and retires mailboxes as needed.
- Communicates policies with new mailbox holders and reminds departing mailbox holders to empty box and return key.
- Informs Facilities of mailbox and key malfunctions.
- Manages the distribution of ESM paychecks, including notifying owners of outstanding checks and encouraging direct deposit.
- Provides hands-on access to HRMS which includes direct deposit sign-up, W2 and tax withholding access, address changes, hours paid, direct deposit or check questions, etc.
- Communicates with departments in order to resolve student payment questions.
- From the central vantage point of the Welcome Center, makes observations and recommendations to Eastman management about process and procedural changes that can lead to greater efficiencies, saving time and lowering expenses.
- Updates & maintains the Finance and Human Resource Webpages.
- Orders office supplies for ESM Finance and HR Administrative Operations Departments.
- Manages the distribution of monthly copy charges; investigates questions, if needed.
- Coordinates Lost and Found with ET Box Office & Public Safety when necessary.
- Provides fax services to Academic Departments without fax machines.
- Other related duties as assigned
Two years post high school education, plus a minimum of four years office-management & cashier work experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: ESM Welcome Center Coordinator and Cashier
Location: Eastman School Music
Job ID: 210645
Full/Part Time: Full-Time