University of Rochester eRecord Revenue Cycle Claims Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
The Revenue Cycle analyst is a member of a cross-functional team where teamwork, collaboration, challenges and continuous learning are the norm. The primary responsibilities of the position include: recommending, planning, evaluating and translating Revenue Cycle operations into workflows using the eRecord system for URMC hospitals (SMH, HH and FFT) and the Medical Faculty Group. The primary goals of this position include: improving operations, standardizing processes, gaining workflow efficiencies, and improving patient care. Other analyst attributes include: coordinating projects and activities, providing effective communications, and interacting with a diverse team as well as the Hospital, Medical Center, and the Medical Faculty Group management and staff. Must be very knowledgeable of organization's policies, procedures, and Revenue Cycle operations.
The Revenue Cycle Lead Claims Analyst will have a strong understanding of ANSI 837 and 835 formats and an understanding of upstream and downstream data sources in order to define where each piece of data on claim forms originate.
- Serves as primary build analyst for the eRecord Revenue Cycle applications at URMC hospitals (SMH, HH and FFT) and the Medical Faculty Group:
- Completes the functional design and build of the eRecord Revenue Cycle applications after successfully achieving (and maintaining) current Epic certification. Epic certification may require two to five weeks of training requiring travel.
- Performs in-depth analysis and facilitates development of integrated workflows.
- Collaborates with the project team, subject matter experts, training and technical teams to effect system changes that reflect an in-depth understanding of the business and end user requirements while also considering impact to integrated components and standardization.
- Manages all phases of assigned tasks/projects, meets established deadlines, and maintains flexibility while managing multiple priorities.
- Reviews requested enhancements; prioritizes and implements requested changes to the system.
- Collaborates to seek resolution of system issues or conflicts for points of integration while applying a broad knowledge of application, workflow and integration.
- Acts as a participant in the rapid run process for upgrades, coordinating the activities of their application level team including NOVA review, presentatior to Revenue Cycle Advisory group (RCA), build and testing.
- Takes the initiative to identify and resolve complex issues. This includes independently executing creative solutions with minimal guidance.
- Utilizes issue tracking tools such as Sherlock and HEAT.
Participates in, and/or maintains standards for:
- System build to include following naming and numbering conventions an security classifications
- Revenue Cycle database/spreadsheets for the system build
- Change control-adhering to organizational policies and procedures
Provides guidance and mentoring for Revenue Cycle customers and others on the team to include precepting emerging eRecord staff. Demonstrates effective communication and problem solving skills. Works collaboratively with all project team members. Builds relationships and effectively communicates with the project team, key stakeholders, and physician practices.
Bachelor's degree is related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: eRecord Revenue Cycle Claims Analyst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 211278
Full/Part Time: Full-Time