University of Rochester eRecord Clinical Analyst Lead in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
Serve as enterprise-wide expert IT applications and workflow resource and lead consultant to the eRecord Project. Recommends, plans, designs, executes and evaluates information applications & technology systems, specific to the eRecord project and related work processes throughout Highland and Strong Hospitals. Works with department managers and staff to evaluate systems/ processes and automate eRecord workflows. Provides analytical and technical assistance for identification of system requirements, enhancements and setup decisions. Coordinates and provides assistance with unit and integrated application testing, including test plans and documentation. Functions as a liaison between users and the eRecord Project Team. Provide in-depth analysis of the various User Requirements and develops both functional and technical specifications as part of the process to solve the users' needs. Designs solutions in current environment and creates new applications in new environments. Serves as the project leader on multiple projects and completes the required project management reports to plan, implement and control these various projects.
Under the general direction of the ISD eRecord Project Director, conforming to URMC policies but retaining latitude for independent judgment and initiative:
- Work with the Highland & Strong eRecord user departments Project management teams on IT strategic planning.
- Develop, manage and communicate project plans to Highland & Strong user departments and eRecord Project Team and ISD staff.
- Maintain communication between the above listed key customers and ISD to provide updates and information regarding technology issues related to the eRecord Project and liaison to the eRecord Project.
- Advise and coordinate development of business processes in relation to the implementation & best practice use of the software applications.
- Develops resource estimates for projects
- Helps determine priorities with users for backlogged requests
- Coordinates various steps within project identifying dependencies and impediments
- Reports to management on progress/problems encountered with projects
- Recommends alternatives to get around obstacles
- Conducts eRecord software operational impact assessments & technical walk-through
- Responsible for knowledge and interpretation of all CMS rulings and guidance on meaningful use requirements to achieve maximum ARRA incentives.
- Designs and develops application software to be 100% compliant with CMS rulings.
- Leads fact gathering effort with users on projects
- Serves as primary software application & technical resource for systems he/she supports, including coordination of updates & managing change control process and documentation
- Maintains continuous open communication with primary users and project teams, including assists Project Team with implementation and deployment of new areas.
- Leads and/or actively participates in application project meetings with users, including design changes.
- Works collaboratively with system vendor to track & resolve user issues as they develop.
- Coordinate integrated testing and assists with testing for software upgrades and maintenance.
- Develops and documents functional specifications for projects, including testing plans, training plans.
- Responsible for upkeep of documentation and system information.
- Performs quality assurance measures to maintain the integrity of the data entered on the system.
- Considers alternative approaches and recommends the "best" approach
Operations Monitoring and Problem Solving:
- Maintain knowledge of eRecord work processes, information systems, applications, interfaces, databases, reports and enhancements to optimize the user departments’ successful operations
- Define, conduct and document eRecord application testing requirements to ensure continuing successful operations
- Develop a log specifying what reports/jobs need to be run and at what frequency.
- Analyze reports to ensure optimal operations.
- Review interface error transactions logs on a routine basis.Take immediate action to resolve any problems, working in collaboration with the other system’s or Interface Engine analysts.
- Develop, prepare and revise policies and procedures for business processes as they relate to the use of the eRecord information systems.
- Develop and maintain detailed policies on downtime procedures and logs of planned & unplanned downtime.
- Troubleshoot operational issues and problems with the eRecord applications.Communicate and coordinate problem solving with appropriate internal and external sources
- Contact appropriate individuals or assistance when solution is beyond his/her expertise or authority
- Thoroughly resolve problems with appropriate communication to all pertinent staff in a clear and concise manner
- Advise key user departments on impact of information/automation system issues on department operations.
- Coordinate ongoing assessment of hardware needs to assure maximum benefit of the systems.
- Investigates new technologies and employs state-of-the-art tools that best meet a situation's needs
- Consults with team members on technical programming questions/problems
- Enforces programming standards through walk-through and/or change control processes
- Serves on committees and attends meetings as requested
- Ability to cover off-hour on-call pager for critical application support matters. (24/7)
- Other duties as assigned
- Attends seminars & classes to gain technical and/or functional knowledge to aid Hospital's information needs
- Follows departmental guidelines regarding time, project management, and time recording. Participates willingly and effectively in quality improvement projects.
- Follows all ISD administrative standards (such as, timely time sheet preparation, filling out time-off sheets, etc.)
- Adheres and subscribes to the ISD Values as stated in the Values Statement
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering, and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years software application support/design/analysis in a health care, business or educational setting.
- Good understanding of networked PC systems and applications
- Effective communication skills (oral presentation, listening, written)
- Project management experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to generate teamwork are essential.
- Positive, collaborative, energetic attitude.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: eRecord Clinical Analyst Lead
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207541
Full/Part Time: Full-Time