University of Rochester EDAS Lead in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Strong West
11 AM-7:30 PM; WKENDS/HOL
With minimum direction and considerable latitude for independent judgment, performs all routine and non-routine Patient Services Representative and administrative duties requiring highly advanced customer service skills. Responsible for considerable departmental administrative details requiring extensive knowledge and experience with policies, procedures, and practices of Strong Memorial Hospital and/or within specific division. Responsible for assigning and reviewing daily clerical operations while performing Patient Services Representative functions. Trains new employees and monitors quality and quantity of work performed in the department.
- Serves as a focal point for answering questions from Patient Services Representatives/Administrative support staff and for solving problems regarding difficult or unusual accounts. Handles patient complaints and inquiries via phone and correspondence regarding billing matters and assures that patients are given prompt attention by phone, letter, or in person.
- Performs quality assurance monitoring for activities performed/completed in the area of immediate responsibility as well as other affected areas. Using specific criteria, measures quality, quantity, and timeliness of tasks performed. Prepares related logs and management reports. Identifies trends of specific problems and recommends corrective action.
- Coordinates the activities of the area. Trains new employees and cross-trains employees within the area.
- Assists in the development of goals and objectives for the area. Writes new procedures and training materials; updates existing procedures as needed.
- Assists in personnel related matters such as time reporting, preparing data for performance evaluations and/or disciplinary actions.
- Serves as liaison between immediate area and others in the office and hospital departments. Confers with third party representatives on an as-needed basis. Also coordinates data needed for audits.
- Acts as authority in the absence of supervisor, exercising good judgment and tact.
- Performs the duties of a Patient Services Representative in addition to the above.
Associate's degree in business field and 4-5 years experience in hospital billing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: EDAS Lead
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 212438
Full/Part Time: Full-Time