University of Rochester DSRIP Data Manager in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Program Administrators
8 AM-4:30 PM
Under general direction and with considerable latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative, the DSRIP Data Manager is responsible for aggregating, tracking, and presenting data to support DSRIP programming, reporting, data visualization and analysis needs. The DSRIP Data Manager, under the direction of the Director of Care Management Workflow Design and Reporting, will serve as a central point of contact for DSRIP Program data needs and will serve as a member to one or more workgroups associated with the DSRIP program projects. In addition, the DSRIP Data Manager will partner with those areas across the enterprise to identify data available for Program needs and design the appropriate processes for extraction of those data for large projects.
- Consults with DSRIP Project Managers and DSRIP Workflow Engineer to initiate and facilitate data requests for data extraction to support program review and evaluation, metric performance, quality improvement, and operations optimization. Data may come from multiple, disparate sources. Responsible for identifying and tracking data needs on an ongoing basis. Evaluates, develops and continues to maintain protocols in order to conduct database queries and spreadsheets as needed for the same purpose. Devises methods for conducting complex database queries and spreadsheets as required to meet project objectives; analyzes and prepares reports based on database queries, making recommendations which may have policy implications.
- Provides expertise in developing and conducting data visualizations using Tableau, Excel, SAS or other software or tools as needed to support DSRIP program needs in the areas of quality, cost, utilization, and operations improvement
- Develops and implements policies for data storage, data sharing and cataloging of the DSRIP Program data. Works with staff to ensure fidelity to policies, adjusting approaches in response to program needs.
- Collaborates with and coordinates efforts of IT colleagues to optimize available data to serve population health programming needs in the areas of quality, cost, utilization, and operations improvement. Identify areas of opportunity within large complex programs and make recommendations.
- Participates on URMC information systems and other committees to optimize his/her performance of other job duties
Bachelor’s degree with major course work in a technical discipline, and Master’s degree in a related field desirable, and 4-5 years of related experience in data management, data visualization and information systems utilization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A graduate degree in a statistical, operational, research, business, or technical program is preferred. Must have a demonstrated ability to create consensus through team and relationship building; excellent communication skills; and ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: DSRIP Data Manager
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209308
Full/Part Time: Full-Time