University of Rochester Document Imaging Specialist in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 007 Primary Care Administration
The Document Imaging Technician II is responsible for efficiently and accurately prepping, scanning, indexing and quality checking documents for placement into eRecord and OnBase. Provide assistance to physicians in the delivery of efficient and effective comprehensive medical care through maintaining organized electronic medical records (EMR).
- Prepares Medical Record Documents prior to scanning, according to policies and procedures.
- Scans paperwork into an electronic medical record utilizing the OnBase imaging software interfaced to the eRecord (EPIC) software.
- Index each medical record document according to policies and procedures.
- Quality checks on scanned documentation for review of accuracy and error resolution.
- Responsible for self-performance monitoring on assigned tasks, utilizing procedure standards.
- Send medical records to Iron Mountain and maintain an Excel spreadsheet with pertinent information regarding chart.
- Position involves sitting for long periods of time.
- Any and other tasks as assigned.
Requires high school graduation with one year post high school education (prefer AAS degree), and 1-2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience working with Health Information Management Systems preferred. Ability to perform job functions, troubleshoot problems and make decisions without direct supervision. Strong computer skills, excellent keyboard skills, must display a high level of accuracy, critical thinking and organization. Must be flexible in daily assignments and be able to cross-cover within an assigned work group. Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instruction and must be able to communicate with coworkers to perform duties as part of a work group. Strong Excel skills preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Document Imaging Specialist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210537
Full/Part Time: TAR