University of Rochester Desktop Support Specialist II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 079 Medical Center Info. Systems
8 AM-5 PM
Provide analysis, troubleshooting, implementation and first and second level operational support for University of Rochester Medical Centers. Provides hands on support with excellent customer service skills. Provide expertise in current desktop and network technologies as well as an understanding of hospital-wide applications.
Under some direction of ISD Management, with latitude for independent technical initiative, provide the following services:
Assess, interpret and analyze customer technical problems received via Help Desk services, directly from customer interaction, or other methodologies. Utilize strong technical expertise to diagnose and resolve problems related to client technologies without the intervention of more senior techs or management.
Provide first and second level technical response for urgent and routine technical and application problems at on and off-site locations. Demonstrate appropriate level of productivity, and ability to handle variety of workloads as they arise.
Participate in project implementations by completing assigned tasks. As a project team member, work toward meeting project time lines and milestones. Provides appropriate communication to project managers. Develop and maintains appropriate documentation. Ability to handle additional project work while without impacting productivity to standard calls essential.
Deploys new and replacement systems, printers, and other peripherals. Ensuring customer satisfaction, accuracy, timelines, and priority are all met.
Works with customers to understand the business requirements and interpret into an IT solution.
Conducts 1:1 training with customers or with more Jr. based desktop members, as needed, on the use of hardware and applications.
Attends URMC Desktop and other ISD meetings on regular basic and contributes usable suggestions and retains information presented by others.
Keep abreast of current desktop and LAN technologies through continuing education, journal review, web searches, and formal seminar opportunities. Maintain working knowledge of wide range of Medical Center applications and technologies.
- Associate’s degree in related discipline plus 3-4 years’ experience in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of experience.
- Accepts responsibility and accountability andmaintains confidentiality of information
- Extensive knowledge of the Windows operating systems.
- Expert in hardware break/fix and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of MACS, handhelds, and other peripheral devices.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including outstanding oral and written communications.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility to work necessary shifts to accommodate our 24/7/365 coverage requirements. Include nights, weekends and holidays.
- A clean driving record and reliable car is required for business travel between sites as required by incoming calls or management needs.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Desktop Support Specialist II
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 207650
Full/Part Time: Full-Time