University of Rochester Department Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Computer Science
8 AM-4:30 PM
With minimal direction and considerable latitude for Independent judgment, the office coordinator provides administrative support to faculty, staff, and students in all general areas of HR, finance, purchasing, travel. Serves as the first point of contact for all computer science Members.
- Works with Purchasing to Identify new vendors and negotiate better purchasing rates forspecific office needs for Computer Science.
- Instructs and trains staff, faculty, and students (both graduate and undergraduate) on proper purchasing documentation in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assists the CS Robot team In identifying vendors for specific items for their competitions.
- Will be responsible for proper documentation and UR Equipment programs.
- Responsible for interacting with the CS technicians to Insure all equipment Is tagged properly and identifies which equipment is out dated or broken and should be removed from Computer Science inventory list.
- Collects Information on faculty, staff. students, postdocs, and visiting scientists in order to update and maintain the room-by-room information.
- Coordinates, processes and approves student biweekly hourly and semi-monthly payrolls.
- Responsible for creating contracts and the Human resources activities for 100+ Teaching Assistants.
- Completes 506 payroll forms for Teaching Assistants each semester.
- Coordinates and verify I-9's.
- Orients new workforce members to HRMS as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Verify and distributes payroll checks to faculty, staff, and students.
- Research outstanding payroll and HRMMS for unpaid payroll transactions.
Online Content Manager
- Manages and maintains department course descriptions using Cascade.
- Provides guidance and updates to the Women in Computer Science website.
- Coordinates and manages department events and all teaching activities, educational activities, and research events. Using the web as the communication tool.
- Reconciles transactions on Workday ledger reports, including UR Integration expenses such as telephone charges, facilities work orders, OHL, and Federal Express.
- Performs data entry for tracking transactions in a timely manner and with a high level of accuracy.
- Supervises Student employee
- Completes some travel request and ensure UR policies are enforced.
- Maintains departmental master calendar
- Manages facilities/maintenance and telecommunications needs for the department, including Internal moves and updates the telephone directory
- Tracks all phones in the building; schedules changes and repair work; trains new faculty and staff on how to set up voicemail.
2 years of post high school education in secretarial studies or the equivalent. At least 3 years of secretarial and office experience, including 1 year in a position which demonstrated the ability to work with minimum supervision and to direct an office operation.
Candidates must have the ability to work Independently in a fast past environment. Must be very organized and willing to learn new web based computer software as needed. Prefer Bachelor's degree or 1-2 years’ experience in an office environment.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with University systems URSPACE & EQUIPMENT, URGEMS and workday. Ability to perform Internet searches to complete Internet transactions using web-based data entry programs. MAC experience preferred, but not required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Department Coordinator
Location: Sch Engineering & App Sci
Job ID: 208207
Full/Part Time: Full-Time