University of Rochester Deaf Interpreter in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 006 Interpreter Services
The Deaf interpreter provides interpreting services for all clinical and professional University of Rochester Medical Center staff, patients and family members/significant others who are with the patient. All Interpreters on staff generally provide these services during normal business hours at the Medical Center, Outpatient Clinics, and Hospital Affiliates.
Completes scheduled training and other required staff activities.
- Yearly mandatory online policy and procedure training
- Yearly health updates
- Attends staff meetings
- Performs educational activities
- Other training/activities as necessary
Completes all paperwork and administrative duties.
- eRecord completed at the end of each patient interaction
- On-Call log (blue book)
- Monthly On-Call preference sheets
- Yearly certification update if applicable
- Professional development transcripts
- Other paperwork as necessary
Performs clinical duties.
- Deaf Interpreter carries a pager assigned by the hospital responding to all pages immediately.
- Deaf Interpreter interprets all assignments, whether prescheduled or via pager, in a timely and professional manner in accordance with hospital policy.
- Two years of post-high school education or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Membership with The Registry of lnterpreters for the Deaf (RID) and adherence to tenets within the RID Interpreter Code of Professional Conduct required.
- Minimum of two years general interpreting in a health care setting is required.
- RID, Board for Evaluation of lnterpreters (BEI), or similar National Certification preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Deaf Interpreter
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207476
Full/Part Time: Part-Time