University of Rochester Data Control Clerk II in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 007 Support Operations
7 AM-3 PM
Handles all input/output information for a computer installation. Follows written procedures and interprets and adjusts for variations in procedures within established limits.
- Logs and balances all input and output information for computer processing. Performs associated duties such as receiving, sorting, reviewing for accuracy and completeness, and editing and correcting errors.
- Prepares data for card punching, optical scanning, sorting, etc., in accordance with written instructions. Transports and controls movement of input/output data to or from the various processing areas. Analyzes and suggests improvements in flow of information, error detection/correction, etc.
- May identify operations parameters such as estimated quantity of input/output, estimates of run time, individual priorities and the like, for use by computer operators. May establish job flow, computer utilization, or other operations schedules as directed.
- May prepare, retain and/or summarize data, records and reports and maintains them as guided by retention cycles.
- Determines accuracy of input/output data and trouble shoots areas of incomplete and faulty data, contacting originating department as necessary. Reschedules processing of data when problem is resolved.
- May process or assist in processing data through electric accounting machine, sorter, etc., and operate or assist in the operation of a remote terminal for selective data review. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires 1 year of relevant post High School education or equivalent and 1-2 years of related experience
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Data Control Clerk II
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 209702
Full/Part Time: TAR