University of Rochester Data Base Management Systems in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 079 University IT / EA
8 AM-5 PM
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 8/10/18.
University Information Technology at the University of Rochester is looking to hire an undergraduate or graduate student with interest in working with database management systems (Microsoft SQL Server) over a ten-week period from June 4th through August 101h, 2018. This internship will be focused on database upgrade migration and potentially database development. This is a temporary internship opportunity.
This position is being offered as one of a number of positions being coordinated under the umbrella of the University IT Internship Program in the summer of 2018. As a result, while the emphasis will be on individual experiences based on a position description provided, the group will be organized as a starting cohort and meet approximately every two weeks. The emphasis of this cohort experience will be to expose all participants to multiple facets of the Information Technology environment at the University of Rochester. These sessions will combine presentation by IT professionals and group discussion to broaden the learning experience. All students will also be asked to prepare a poster session at the end of the program. This will provide program participants an opportunity to link classroom learning to the practicum, as well as formalize thoughts and service recommendations to the IT organization.
Under direction of the project managers and with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative:
- Coordinate migration of existing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 databases to a later release.
- Development of test plans to ensure successful migration of MS SQL databases.
- Design new databases or modify design of existing databases.
- AAS degree in Electronic Data Processing and prefer 1 year of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pursuing (or completed) a Bachelor’s degree. and interest in Information Technology.
- Strong oral, written, and team communication skills, effective questioning, listening, and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with the design and implementation of database management systems.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Data Base Management Systems
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 207787
Full/Part Time: Full-Time