University of Rochester CTSI Education Coordinator in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Clin & Trans Science Institute
8 AM-5 PM
The CTSI Education Program Coordinators provide administrative support and project management for the University of Rochester Clinical and Translational Science research education programs. The Education Coordinator serves as the point of contact for recruitment and admissions, data reporting services, and for special support services to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows. The Education Program Coordinator works closely with the CTSI Director of Research Education and the directors of numerous related educational programs to plan, organize, implement, and evaluate their programs. This position requires good judgment, independent thinking, and multi-tasking skills.
Under general direction from the CTSI Director of Research Education, provides administrative support to CTSI education and training programs. Program management activities include developing monthly and yearly action plans, monitoring programmatic resources and expenditures, preparing reports, recommending process improvements, and providing administrative support in the planning and coordinating of program events and initiatives. Specific program responsibilities are outlined below:
- Provides administrative support for the Translational Biomedical Science PhD Program and serves as the primary administrative contact and support person for the students and faculty affiliated with the program. Program management duties include managing budget-related activities and appointment forms for all PhD candidates, including tuition, stipend, and research-related budgets.Reviews and updates all program related materials, including the program website, student handbook and brochure(s). Provides guidance and interpretation of academic policies, procedures, and regulations related to matriculation, degree requirements, award and conferral of the PhD degree. Ensures the students have access to accurate information; assists in identifying solutions to academic problems and opportunities that may highlight the student’s graduate education experience. Tracks prior trainees through annual CV collection and maintains entries in the student database. Provides additional administrative support to the program Director as necessary.
- Provides recruitment and admissions support services for the Translational Biomedical Science PhD Program and manages all marketing campaigns, advertisements, and mass mailings for recruitment outreach.Responds to inquiries from prospective students in a timely fashion. Plans and coordinates interview weekend activities including travel requests, interview scheduling, faculty dinners, and student excursions. Manages applications within the SLATE system and facilitates the review process. Ensures that incoming students receive onboarding materials.
- Provides administrative support for the Postdoctoral Fellowship in Population Health and facilitates the distribution of the Request for Applications (RFA) on an annual basis; supports marketing campaigns to assist in recruitment of applicants.Reviews and signs off on postdoc payroll, xTrain appointment forms, and training related expenses. Provides additional administrative support to the program Director as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for the Academic Research Track Program and plans and coordinates the annual ART program application review process with the program Director.Schedules and provides administrative support for the ART Orientation session. Manages trainee appointment forms and research-related expenses. Ensures the students have access to accurate information, assists in identifying solutions to academic problems. Provides additional administrative support to the program Director as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for the Medical Scientist Training Program and the MSTP trainees who are supported through the CTSA.Manages trainee appointment forms and research-related expenses. Ensures the students have access to accurate information, assists in identifying solutions to academic problems. Provides additional administrative support to the program Director as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for the Mentor Development Working Group and plans, coordinates, schedules, and prepares agenda materials for the monthly Mentor Development Working Group meeting. Serves as a course assistant for the Ever Better Mentoring Course and coordinates the annual face-to-face workshop. Facilitates all meetings between the Mentor Development Working Group committee members and mentors / protégés. Provides additional administrative support to the Working Group Director as necessary.
- Provides administrative support for the CTSI Seminar Series; plans and coordinates the seminar series schedule and speakers for both the fall and spring semesters.Coordinates and hosts Zoom meetings for each session.Provides and collects all presentation evaluations.Tracks student attendance at all sessions.
- Evaluates and tracks trainee progress and outcomes.Collects CVs on annual basis from all current and former trainees supported through the programs outlined above. Extracts pertinent data from the CV and enters it in to the student’s profile held within a central CTSI Student Database.Generates data tables for program Directors to review student progress and productivity.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of experience (2 years’ experience preferred) in an administrative capacity within academia and some relevant experience supporting biomedical research or clinical training programs. A Master’s Degree in Education or a related field would be advantageous.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, management and delegation skills.
- Must be capable of prioritizing activities to ensure timely and effective completion, and be able to adjust priorities as circumstances change.
- Must be able to function independently but use good judgment in involving program directors and senior colleagues to overcome barriers or make policy decisions.
- Must be comfortable with Microsoft Office software especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain expert familiarity with the NIH eRA Commons, XTrain, and XTract systems.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The University believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill our important missions. The University is committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal valued and supported.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: CTSI Education Coordinator
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 207798
Full/Part Time: Full-Time