University of Rochester Computing Support Specialist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Event and Classroom Management
8 AM-5 PM
Analyzes problems, provides program specifications, and develops or modifies programs.
Under general guidance and with latitude for independent judgment and initiative:
- Evaluates, installs, tests, and maintains programming languages or application packages relative to software equipment. Confers with technical personnel in systems analysis and applications planning to assess needs and recommends modifications and/or additions to existing programs and equipment.
- Design, develop, and program complex client/server architectures which are leveraged by public computers across River Campus in classrooms, labs, and libraries. This includes client-server design, scripting and programming (bash, batch, powershell, MSI and others) and administration of authentication (Active Directory) and software licensing (Flexera, FlexNet, Sentinel, RLM).
- Design, program and develop complex server side and scripting solutions for image deployment and delivery to Mac and Windows clients. Offers solutions and suggestions to provide optimum efficiency and cost effectiveness; serve as an on-call lead resource for server administration in a 24x7 environment.
- Design, develop, produce and analyze metrics for software and hardware usage for ECM technology installations across River Campus. Perform complex and relevant statistical analysis of data.
- Provide consultation support on installed system support and related programs; Designs and verifies complex program logic by preparing test data and trial runs. Codes program instructions and revises and/or refines programs. Documents procedures used. Design and program client facing printing release stations. Develop, program and maintain dashboards to monitor the public printing fleet.
- Participate in training and other professional development activities; keep abreast of industry trends. May coordinate the work of other staff assigned to projects and provide technical direction and guidance.
- Other duties as assigned; collaborates with leadership on strategic initiatives.
Bachelor's degree in math, science or business and/or 4-7 years of experience in client/server administration; preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity. Prefer strong Mac administrator with deployment experience in a complex University environment. Powershell, Bash, Batch scripting languages in a networked setting are desired. Fluency in statistical analysis and metrics development preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Computing Support Specialist
Location: The College
Job ID: 212327
Full/Part Time: Full-Time