University of Rochester Communications Assistant, AFE in Rochester, New York
Part Time 25 hours Grade 007 Office of College Enrollment
9 AM-3:30 PM
Under direct supervision will perform routine and non-routine duties requiring highly advanced communications skills: copywriting, proofreading, editing, fact-checking, and the ability to meet deadlines. Project management experience is important. The Communications Assistant will use considerable creativity when creating compelling copy to support Admissions, Financial Aid, and College Enrollment (AFE) communications campaigns. Communications Assistant’s copywriting will create attractive, fresh messaging across mediums which will reach millions of prospective, admitted, and enrolling students, and many others throughout the year. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in a diverse environment are essential, as is a professional and resourceful approach. The Assistant must possess experience that incorporates a global perspective along with a commitment to diversity. Advanced skills including professional social media experience and proficiency in Word and web applications required.
- Write creative copy for new and existing communications collaterals (letters, emails, publications, web copy, etc.) that support hundreds of AFE’s annual communications campaigns.
- Edit and update copy for existing communications collaterals to ensure consistent messaging in support of hundreds of AFE’s annual communications campaigns. Limited editorial control over final messaging.
- Examine, fact check, and proofread new and existing communications collaterals that support hundreds of AFE’s annual communications campaigns to make certain that the message is consistent.
- Familiarization with current University of Rochester Communications Style Guide standards by examining and applying said standards to copywriting. Final products will be creative, fresh, and engaging and will reflect well on the program, the department, and the University.
- Utilize Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat to post content related to larger messaging and enrollment goals.
- Other duties as assigned
Two years of post-high school education or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years of demonstrated copywriting, editing, and proofreading proficiencies required, three years preferred. Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or Marketing is ideal.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Communications Assistant, AFE
Location: The College
Job ID: 209624
Full/Part Time: Part-Time