University of Rochester Cognito Business Analyst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
The Cogito Business Analyst is a member of a cross-functional team where teamwork, collaboration, challenges and continuous learning are the norm.
Primary goals of the position are to create high value reports for revenue cycle, operational and clinical analytics needs by establishing strong partnerships with a URMC department and its stakeholders, translating key requirements into detailed report design specifications and report output. Directs analytic support for hospital-wide reporting initiatives including, but not limited to: revenue cycle, patient access, and provider productivity reporting (at the departmental, divisional, and individual levels, for both professional and hospital billing); Surveys and other benchmark analyses, regional growth strategic planning, clinical and clinical research faculty recruitment activities, quality improvement and advancement initiatives, etc.
Responsibilities include designing and implementing customized patient access, revenue/RVU, and productivity reports/ dashboards and data extracts utilizing standard Epic reporting tools (Reporting Workbench, Radar, Extract Editor) and URMC reporting tools (Tibco Spotfire and Tableau).
Conforms to established guidelines, standards, and conventions for request tracking and status, report writing, programming and documentation. Position requires successfully achieving (and maintaining) Epic certifications in patient access and revenue cycle reporting applications and Epic reporting tools, including Reporting Workbench and Radar. Other data domains may require additional training and/or certifications. Certifications may require two to five weeks of training, which requires travel to Epic facilities in Verona, Wisconsin. Demonstrates ICARE* values in each of the major responsibilities.
- Designs and implements complex data extracts, reports and analyses related to departmental needs for line item level information, operational and analytical reporting. This includes functional areas of analysis, design, documentation, testing, implementation and support.
- Coordinates departmental patient access and revenue cycle report portfolio, validates model system reports, supervises procedural changes, presents educational material and coordinates communication with customers.
- Reviews requested enhancements; works with project leads to prioritize and implement requested changes to departmental patient access and revenue cycle reports and extracts.
- Tracks all reporting requests from department and updates status weekly in ISD tools. Follows ISD change management policies and procedures.
- Participates in meetings supporting various projects and works with ISD build team report analysts on design and support. Works onsite in a co-located spot with the ISD team 1-2 days per week.
- Advises and assists Chair, Senior Administrators and faculty regarding financial and clinical performance variances identified in analyses, hospital and departmental quantitative/benchmarking initiatives, strategic planning and evaluation.
- Maintains current knowledge base and expertise of hierarchical and relational database concepts and querying tools.
- Manages all phases of assigned tasks/projects, meets established deadlines, and maintains flexibility while managing multiple priorities.
- Participates as appropriate in enterprise data governance/data stewardship activities.
- Most important responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering, and 2-3 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in healthcare sector preferred
- Experience with hospital and professional revenue cycle reporting preferred, including analyses specific to hospital and professional billing, accrued and actual revenue, patient access and patient scheduling
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, written and oral
- Attend or lead meetings utilizing effective meeting management methodologies
- Experience with enterprise data governance programs and infrastructure preferred
- Project management expertise / certification preferred
- Works to be an ICare Champion
- Report writing experience with custom expressions and programming for automation of calculations and formatting
- Experience with Epic reporting tools (RWB/Radar, Extract Editor) or related products preferred
- Expertise with statistical analytics tools and Business Intelligence tools preferred, such as Spotfire, Tableau, SAP Business Objects, R, SAS, Python
- Expertise in project management software preferred, such as Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Cognito Business Analyst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208349
Full/Part Time: Full-Time