University of Rochester Co-op Student in Rochester, New York
Time as Reported Grade 074 LLE Engg-Engineering
8:30 AM-5:30 PM
The safety assistant co-op student will provide operational support for the safety program at the LLE. Primary duties include:
- Performing chemical inventory on a monthly basis
- Maintaining and updating both the facility-wide Safety Data Sheets (SOS) hard-copy master file and individual SOS files in each laboratory
- Prepare for and take part in monthly safety inspections
- Identify and remediate gaps in the safety program as regulations change
- Manage hazardous waste disposal using the University of Rochester's Chematix, Waste Management Software.
- Other duties will include, but are not limited to, upkeep of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hazard communication systems, and developing trainings.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Science program studying Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Management, Industrial Hygiene or a related field
- Professional and positive communication skills both verbal and written Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Reliability and self-motivation are an absolute must.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Co-op Student
Location: Laser Lab & COI
Job ID: 206697
Full/Part Time: TAR