University of Rochester CERC Secretary in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 007 SON Staff/Education Programs
7 AM-5 PM; EVENINGS/WKENDS AS REQUIRED
With general direction and latitude for initiative and judgment, performs routine and non-routine duties requiring outstanding customer service skills, excellent organizational and secretarial skills, proficiency in an administrative office of an academic or service, business, or comparable department. Requires technical and computer familiarity. Candidate must be able to support and/or triage students' issues with Microsoft Windows, Office, and other software packages. Must be able to troubleshoot and/or triage basic connectivity of PC hardware and network. Will be first line of assistance for students with computer issues which may be escalated to internal support. Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and work effectively with diverse staff, faculty, students and SON visitors is required.
Some evenings and Saturdays required as scheduled.
Front Reception Desk Management
- Greet and direct student, faculty, staff and visitors to SON and serve as a resource for directions and general questions
- Maintain sign-in and sign-out system on all equipment and media
- Check the condition of all resource materials upon its return
- Answer phone, process requests for equipment, supplies, and facilities, obtaining complete and accurate information
- Enter new items in database
- Prepare, process, and maintain all reserve materials for checkout
- Monitor cleanliness and upkeep of center and facilities
- Inventory all equipment and supplies
- Facilitate orders of all office supplies and approved equipment
- Track outstanding circulation items
- Assist with room schedules and verification of room confirmations
- Accept and sign for all deliveries and notify appropriate departments if needed
- Provide secondary support for mailroom during absences
- Set up equipment and supplies related to activities scheduled in the CERC facilities
- Troubleshoot printer operation, order supplies
- Assist with projects as assigned by CERC Administrator
- Assist with handling of CERC-associated calendars
Skills Lab and Simulation Unit Support
- Provide assistance with managing aspects of the Skills Lab and Simulation Unit, such as storage, restocking, and organizing, delivery of equipment and supplies, assisting with simulations, removal of waste and supplies under the direction of the CERC Administrator
- Participates in monthly simulation meeting, taking and transcribing minutes
- Familiar with PCs/laptops and related software and equipment, scanner and printer.
- Assist customers with booting system, simple problem solving, getting started on computer.
- Assist faculty/staff with use of scanner and printer.
- Familiar with the following: mounted projectors and computer stations, audio recorders and video recorders
- Assist customers with audio-visual equipment and perform minor troubleshooting
- Assist with CERC Computer Lab requests, such as class times, podium setup, log on issues, the facilitation of ID badge swipe access, and other equipment needs
Education: 2 years of post high school education: secretarial or word processing studies, or the equivalent.
Experience: At least 2 years of secretarial, word processing and practical office experience with demonstrated ability to work with limited direction and to direct the work of word processors or clerical assistants.
Technical: Advanced secretarial or word processing skills. The ability to take dictation at 100 words per minute and to transcribe at 55 words per minute. The ability to operate standard office machines and word processing equipment.
OR a combination of formal training and experience equivalent to the above
- Ability to serve as a resource to students and faculty with computer and printer hardware and software, e.g. Windows, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and MS Mail, scanner and color printer; Ability to assist students with on-line testing.
- Ability to calculate figures, amounts, and percentages, i.e. costs per item and extensions of those figures.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: CERC Secretary
Location: School of Nursing
Job ID: 209559
Full/Part Time: Full-Time