University of Rochester Cath & EP Office Manager in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 CVSL Cath & EP & Holding
8 AM-4:30 PM
Under the general direction of the Clinical Administrator of the Cardiac Catheterization/Cardiac Electrophysiology Lab and Clinical Faculty, the administrative assistant serves as executive assistant to the Clinical Administrator and Directors of the Cardiac Catheterization and the Electrophysiology Laboratories within the Department of Cardiology and associated faculty. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential. Must possess demonstrated customer service experience and the ability to work in a team setting with all levels of management, faculty and staff. The assistant must possess the skill to prioritize numerous tasks and have experience planning and tracking the details of clinical, administrative, and educational projects
Practice Office Operations
- Provide administrative support to the Directors of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and the Electrophysiology Laboratory.Additionally, provide administrative support to over twenty staff, including eleven faculty members, Advanced Practice Providers, Nurse Managers and the Cardiac Catheterization and Electrophysiology Laboratories Administrator.
- Provide support for the following new additional faculty and midlevel practitioners: Drs. Hamer, Krishnamoorthy, Patel & Stuver, additionally support up to 7 RCPG physicians and 8 (4 RCPG and 4 UR) midlevel practitioners.
- Manage calendar and schedule meetings for Directors of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory and Electrophysiology Laboratory.
- Independently sort and prioritize person-person communication/meeting requests with attending physicians using guidance develop collaboratively with the faculty
- Maintain In-house communication to the Electrophysiology scheduling support staff.
- Determines administrative needs and initiates orders for equipment, supplies, and space.
- Develop and optimize SMH procedure database for tracking clinical cardiac electrophysiology and catheterization procedures in setting of limited resources in current CUPID/Erecord system.
- Develop and maintain referring physician database and relationship with the offices as need arises
- Maintains offices in cardiology with respect to maintenance, custodial, multi team meeting scheduling and other services.
- Represents and serves as spokesman for office in communicating instructions and in interpreting administrative matters to faculty, staff, and patients; guides subordinates on replies to patient and extramural academic and industrial inquiries.
Cardiac Cath and EP Lab Operations
- Manage small projects for on-going maintenance and functions of the lab.Able to project manage and act with independent problem solving skills to address issues and provide solutions to the lab.
- Facilitate issue resolution and escalation to oversee day to day solutions for equipment, facilities and business needs of the lab.
- Assist in the clinical management team with the ongoing maintenance and tasks as necessary to facilitate smooth operations in the lab.
Responsible for implementing procedures to enhance levels of service and quality.
Demonstrates skill in resolving difficult administrative/logistical concerns in order to increase patient relations and retain patient within the practice.
Assists leadership in developing guidelines and prioritizing work activities for support staff. Evaluates effectiveness and makes modifications as necessary.
Monitors, Supports and facilitates the medical staff credentialing and appointment processes
Serves as the liaison with hospital departments such as page office, facilities, parking, ISD and others for the day to day operations and issue troubleshooting for the department.
Triage incoming calls from referring physicians, patients, vendors, journal publishers, academic centers and health industry personnel. Obtain complete and accurate caller information. Independently complete follow-up with callers as needed and recommend most efficient scheduling solution for physician team.
Manage individual faculty calendars by scheduling meetings and other appointments, using independent judgment to prioritize time and conflicts. Anticipate and intervene to facilitate last minute or unforeseen changes in scheduling of meetings, events, clinic and/or EP/cath procedure days. Schedule speaking/presentation engagements as needed. Coordinate schedules for faculty candidate interviews, Observership and shadowing requests and visitors as necessary, providing resources such as travel, accommodation and dining reservations, obtaining supporting documentation for processing according to Policy. Process and respond to incoming mail. Compose and distribute non-routine and confidential correspondence. Maintain routine and confidential files. Maintain outreach calendars for EP physicians going to Binghamton, Wellsville, and Hornell. Coordinate travel arrangements, complete and process full range of University travel and reimbursement forms.
Manage and facilitate cath and ep lab projects and meetings for the day to day operations and support of the lab. Works with a great deal of judgement and independence to project manager small projects and assist the management team in duties to successfully run the lab. Liaison to other departments to provide resolution and support to the lab from facilities, ESW etc.
Manage Payroll for Cardiac Cath and EP Lab Personnel. Day to Day time keeping for the lab staff for regular, PTO and vacation time.
Manage the structural heart schedulers for day to day support and issue resolution. Report progress and issues and escalate to Clinical Administrator as needed. Create framework for schedulers as the program grows and requires more in-depth orientation.
Develop and maintain forms used for various clinical procedures.
Independently maintain data updates for Curriculum Vitae, compile and update NIH Biosketch information as needed. Research and download published articles and other materials for research and presentations.
Maintain statistics on data such as patient census, referral patterns, procedure volumes and satisfaction evaluation. Represent Service Directors in the development and implantation of new initiatives, such as database products-reports. Prepare PowerPoint presentations, design and maintain special and recurring reports for special programs, such as strategic issues for new and expansions programs, and as requested.
Track Cath Lab Attending time for use in coordinating an equitable distribution of on-call duties for nights, weekends and Holidays. According to established process, create and distribute monthly Cardiac Cath Lab and Chest Pain Service Attending on-call schedules. Create and distribute Electrophysiology monthly on-call and device clinic schedule. Maintain information in URMC Web Call System and with ACTION Telephone for Cardiac Cath, Chest Pain and EP Services.
Responsible for tracking attending physicians’ compliance data. This includes, but is not limited to: CME hours/units, annual health assessment requirements, URMC Mandatory Inservice, URMC Risk Management Training, Infection Control, Licensures and Certifications (such as DEA, ABMS). Maintain Time Off Calendar.
Other responsibilities as necessary.
Liaison with URMC Parking for special permits; local interface with URMC Gatekeeper for swipe access requests for Cath/EP Labs; coordinate pager replacements. Attend and record minuets for meetings as assigned. Cross coverage for TAVI secretary as needed.
Special projects (example- device recall letters for patients), other duties, and cross coverage as necessary.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience, which includes at least 1 year of relevant administrative experience. Must be able to function independently and possess excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e-Record. Experience in academic medicine preferred. Requires excellent organization and communication skills plus a working knowledge of common computer office applications. Must display exemplary customer service attributes
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Cath & EP Office Manager
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209270
Full/Part Time: Full-Time