University of Rochester Business Research Analyst, CBE in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Ofc Sr Vice Pres Advancement
8 AM-5 PM; SOME WKENDS/HOL
The University of Rochester seeks a skilled researcher to join the Center for Business Engagement (CBE) as Business Research Analyst. He/she will report to the Senior Director of the CBE and assist in the development of mutually beneficial relationships with national and international corporations in a broad, integrated, business engagement approach. The CB E's work supports both the funding of the University's basic and applied research, leading to the development of intellectual property and technology transfer, as well as philanthropy. Responsibilities include research, analysis, reporting, and portfolio management of a) leading research across the University of Rochester and University of Rochester Medical Center, b) research needs of national and international corporations, and c) philanthropic opportunities. S/he will cultivate broad knowledge and understanding of programs of interest to corporate partners, and develop and execute best practice models to advance corporate support for UR.
Maintain, develop, and expand the CBE research and philanthropic portfolio. This includes:
- Discovery and qualification of: a) the most promising UR research that may be of interest to corporations, and b) corporate research and philanthropic interests. This includes writing briefs, biographies, and detailed reports as required.
- Monitoring activity and providing reports and summaries of major UR corporate relationships and prospects using OASIS, Salesforce, COEUS, and CBE trackers.
- Compiling and maintaining data on UR research and corporate donors and prospects, including news and trends, with regard to overall CBE strategy and department goals
- Research, development, and submission of letters of inquiry and proposals
- General office support including meeting preparation, preparing contact and expense reports, supply acquisition, and other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree, and at least 2-3 years of project administration or management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in science or engineering is ideal, as is experience with scientific research and/or science writing.
- The ability to understand the research needs of both the corporate world and academia, including how partnerships are developed and sustained
- Fluency with scientific and medical information and trends, and the ability to distill and evaluate opportunities
- Superior analytical, critical reasoning, time-management, and communication skills (particularly writing); tenacious commitment to detail, organization, and effective follow through
- The ability to use CRM and other database tools to track, steward, and report on University and corporate activity
- Flexible, highly-motivated, resourceful, and dedicated with the proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Business Research Analyst, CBE
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 208578
Full/Part Time: Full-Time