University of Rochester Biomedical Equip Technician in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 078 Clinical Engineering
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS/HOL
Under close supervision, is responsible for service on low and medium risk equipment as described in the URMC Environment of Care "Medical Equipment Management Plan.” Under direct supervision, is responsible for service on selected high risk and life support equipment as described in the URMC Environment of Care "Medical Equipment Management Plan". Position involves preventive maintenance, safety inspection, calibration, installing, troubleshooting and repairing mechanical, electromechanical and electronic devices. Position requires servicing equipment in both the hospital environment as well as at numerous off site locations. Individual must be willing to work in close proximity to patients and staff in intensive care units and operating room settings. Position must have the ability to interface with all the all members of the Clinical Engineering team effectively. Individual must have excellent customer service skills.
- Performs safety/preventive maintenance inspections and services electronic and electromechanical biomedical equipment, to determine operational status and compliance with manufacturers and industry technical standards and specifications.
- Installs, maintains and calibrates electronic and electromechanical biomedical equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Troubleshoots, isolates equipment malfunctions and repairs electronic and electromechanical biomedical equipment.
- Response to operator complaints about equipment malfunctions, often involving correcting operator errors.
- Performs equipment modifications when instructions, diagrams, prints, or schematics are provided for technical guidance.
- Maintains electronic medical equipment management database files for compliance with departmental and accreditation requirements.
- Other duties as required.
AAS degree in Electronic or Instrumentation Technology with particular emphasis on Biomedical Engineering Technology and 1-2 years of experience that is closely related within a hospital, the military or any other comparable organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Able to read schematics and mechanical diagrams, basic computer skills and advanced networking and system integrations a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Biomedical Equip Technician
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209497
Full/Part Time: Full-Time