University of Rochester Billing Supervisor-SMH Specialty in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Pharmacy SMH
As a pharmacy technician, performs all duties of a Level 4 technician based on the current pharmacy technician career ladder, incorporating the expectations listed below into daily tasks and activities in the area of practice. Also be responsible for all Accounting/Billing activities to ensure correct financial record keeping for all SMH outpatient pharmacies, resolving any third party issues. These activities are to be done under the supervision of a technician supervisor and licensed pharmacist, and consistent with state, federal and local regulations.
Third party billing
- Be able to provide support and education to all pharmacy staff in troubleshooting insurance problems to ensure proper payment and/or reimbursement
- Reconcile Medicaid / Medicare claims
- Correctly facilitate third party checks and invoices
Daily Register Cash Outs
- Track daily sales and deposits for SMH outpatient pharmacies by running reports for registers, account postings, and sales analysis
- Settle daily cash outs and take deposits to cashiers office and send daily reports to financial
- Accurately handle deposits of large amounts of money
Track monthly Social Work and Medicaid Pending claims and compile spreadsheet reports at the end of the month to submit to relevant managers and departments
Track Gallagher-Bassett, Worker’s Comp, and MVA claims to ensure proper coverage and pharmacy payment for services provided
Woman’s Health Liaison
- Facilitate weekly processing and delivery of prescription orders
- Attend yearly WIC training sessions
- Report to pharmacy and WIC updates
Coordinate submission of yearly contract with updates of product pricing
Be responsible for proper, timely billing to various departments for Outpatient Pharmacy services provided via accurate submission of blue-rec 312 documentation
Be able to assist with processing of legal requests and aid in preparation of third party audits as needed
Coordination of daily mail outs and shipping of medication orders and other items
AAS degree in Accounting/Bookkeeping plus 3-4 years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Exceeds the minimum requirements of levels 1-3 and meets the requirements of the Level 4 technician of the Technician Career Ladder.
Ability to work as a team or independently in a high pace environment. Initiative, independent thinking and decision making skills are a must.
Certification by Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. Must meet ongoing education requirements to maintain certification.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in hospital pharmacy, including experience in area of training
Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel, Word, SharePoint, Access) preferred
Maintain compliance with University/Departmental Policies
- Attendance: punctual and available for scheduled shifts
- Timekeeping and overtime
- Departmental dress code
- Departmental cleanliness: dispensing and non-dispensing areas are kept neat and orderly
- Complies with all University/Departmental Policies and be able to access them.Understands consequences if not followed
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Billing Supervisor-SMH Specialty
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 209039
Full/Part Time: Full-Time