University of Rochester Asst Supvr Pharmacy Techs - Wilmot Cancer Center in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 092 Pharmacy SMH
TBD; WKENDS & HOLS
This position is located at the Wilmot Cancer Center.
Supervises the activity of the Pharmacy Technicians. Assures adequate training and management of training materials for their area of supervision. Establishes work schedules and conducts performance evaluations.
- Coordinates adequate cross-training in at least one other functional area of the department. Coordinates with technician supervisors in other functional areas to assure training is completed and competencies maintained.
- Participates in the interview and hiring decision process for Pharmacy Technicians, adhering to all University policies relevant to the interview and hiring process.
- Develops proposals relative to process improvement for presentation to the relevant Pharmacy Manager. Establishes a team schedule to assure adequate cross-coverage to meet minimum staffing needs in all areas.
- Demonstrate an ability to retrieve information and effectively communicate responses to requests for information that do not require a Pharmacist. Differentiate what does and does not require the involvement of a Pharmacist. Ensures compliance with accreditation standards.
- Coordinates the training schedule and assignments for all new hires. Evaluates progress during the Pharmacy Technician training process. Establish competency assessments.
- Troubleshoots pharmacy automation in relevant areas of pharmacy operations (Swisslog, Pyxis, Healthrobotics, etc…) problem orders and eRecord issues. Utilizes reports and other information to optimize performance of pharmacy automation.
- Ensures competency in job specific medication delivery tasks (cart fill/exchange, narcotic delivery, standards delivery, set-up and filling of medication orders in relevant areas of supervision robot fill, manual picks, narcotic dispensing, daily standards batch, oral liquids, IVA batch, etc).
- Prepares medication orders, determines number of doses to be sent, accurately obtains pre-made medications and acts as a liaison for pharmacist in obtaining medications from ancillary areas.
High school diploma and 3 years relevant Pharmacy Technician experience in acute hospital pharmacy environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Asst Supvr Pharmacy Techs - Wilmot Cancer Center
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 210751
Full/Part Time: Full-Time