University of Rochester Associate Director UMRC Compensation in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 056 University HR at Med Ctr
Provides advanced level content expertise in developing, implementing, communicating and administering University-wide compensation programs and policies in order to recruit, retain, and reward a qualified and diverse workforce. Serves as a consultant to University and Affiliates on compensation matters. Monitors, counsels and advises on University compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other federal and state labor laws. Provides strategic support to the Human Resources Business Partner model. Monitors and provides consultation on pay practices related to affirmative action reporting, equal employment opportunity commission (EEOC) and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and related regulatory compliance within the organization to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements as well as University policies.
Under general direction and with considerable latitude for independent judgment:
- Administers the University's Wage and Salary Program by applying program philosophy and utilizing evaluation techniques to meet organizational and employee needs. Maintains responsibility for position analysis and evaluation, description activities, classification reviews and/or audits and data analysis in support of the Compensation function.
- Identifies and evaluates emerging organizational trends. Manipulates (often) large data sets in complex ways to tease meaning from the numbers and convey these findings to an executive audience. Develops pay programs including salary structure changes, merit programs, incentive programs, and other special pay programs.
- Consults with, provides guidance to, and maintains strong relationships with Human Resource Business Partners to achieve positive and effective outcomes in support of University and departmental business objectives on matters such as position classification, wage and salary administration policies and compliance with labor law.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the Compensation Division. Provides guidance and supervision to compensation staff. Oversees special projects and compensation related initiatives. Assumes full management responsibility in the absence of the Director.
- Researches market data to analyze competitiveness of compensation practices and makes recommendations to leadership. Monitors and audits pay practices to ensure compliance with University policies and guidelines. Identifies sources for external market data. Continually, assesses adequacy of current market data sources and makes determinations relative to participation and purchase of salary survey data.
- Monitors compliance with federal and state labor laws related to compensation, affirmative action, EEOC and OFCCP. Collaborates with other departments (e.g. Office of Legal Counsel, Internal Audit, etc.) to direct compliance issues to the appropriate channels for investigation and resolution. Designs and implements programs, policies, and practices to ensure compliance.
- Represents the University on compensation matters and represents the department within particular area of specialty in local and regional associations concerned with Human Resources and especially job evaluation, wages and salaries in the absence of the Director.
- Serves on executive committees, strategic planning teams, task forces, and other teams as necessary providing expertise on complex compensation related matters.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration and 5+ years of progressive relevant Compensation experience, including 2-3 years of supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Associate Director UMRC Compensation
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 211265
Full/Part Time: Full-Time