University of Rochester Associate Director, Class & Affinity in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 056 Ofc Sr Vice Pres Advancement
8 AM-5 PM
With considerable latitude and room for independent judgment, develop and implement a strategic plan and budget in support of the Institutional priority of increasing undergraduate alumni participation in giving through new and expanded strategies including but not limited to Young Alumni outreach, Reunion and Affinity giving for Annual Giving Programs (AGP). This position is essential to supporting the institutional priorities of increased revenue and growing undergraduate participation - Reunion contributes $20M in overall revenue, and nearly $3.SM in annual giving and serves as a key participation driver, and Young Alumni represent a full 20% of our active solicitable alumni population. Serve as a main contact point for Annual Giving class and affinity based strategies aligned closely with the engagement strategies defined by Alumni Relations and approve and assist in developing strategies for other departments. Must be an independent thinker, able to work autonomously and exercise excellent decision-making skills.
- Strategize and implement Young Alumni annual giving campaign for digital, direct mail, phone, social, and other mediums to meet donor participation goals. Work in close collaboration with partners across Advancement, and within the Direct Response team. Ensure appropriate stewardship for Young Alumni takes place in partnership with Stewardship team.
- In partnership with the Annual Leadership Giving, the GEC and Alumni relations teams, create customized print and digital tactical direct marketing strategies for all reunion and milestone affinity reunion and other class-based programs. Manage budget for all production strategies, ensuring a continued focus on reducing the cost-per-dollar raised.
- Focus on identifying affinity fund raising strategies with targeted populations of alumni (both on the Academic as well as Medical side of the house) in alignment with the Alumni Relations Affinity Engagement Strategy. May include student-based clubs and organizations, academic, faith, profession, athletic or other affinities. Work to strategize and implement a fund raising strategy per affinity leveraging direct mail, solicitation emails, crowdfunding or other marketing initiatives to drive increased alumni and parent participation in giving.
- Make decisions on marketing communications and solicitation emails, with no room for error, to represent the University to current and potential future donors. Help create and upload written communication for letters and direct email copy. Control pictures, graphs, format, and information to be included in solicitations. Upload central eNewsletters when needed. Help with basic graphic design when needed. Maintain the email and Young Alumni portion of the overall AGP solicitation calendar.
- Serve as liaison within AGP for solicitation initiatives, as well as between AGP and Advancement, with authority to direct toward final goals. Maintain a budget for all potential projects.
- Work closely with writer and design teams in order to meet deadlines for solicitation execution.
- Develop and test new approaches (ex.: Crowdfunding, Venmo, Text Messaging). Analyze the program data results throughout the year to achieve goals.
- Collaborate with graphic design when needed for online, print, social media, and email marketing materials.
A Bachelor's degree, as well as 4 years of professional experience preferably with marketing and/or fundraising experience. Familiarity with In Design, Photoshop, and Adobe creative products as well as iModules desired. Candidate must be well organized, possess excellent communication skills and follow through with tasks, and writing ability, as well as the ability to work within a complex organization. Must also have the ability to take initiative on projects and stay updated on ever-changing technology and marketing strategies to be able to apply toward the Advancement office.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Associate Director, Class & Affinity
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 209850
Full/Part Time: Full-Time