University of Rochester Assoc Dir of Admissions Operations & Financial Aid in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Simon Grad Sch Admis/Reg
8:30 AM-5 PM
Serves the Full-time MBA/MS Admissions Office, with direct responsibility for dayto-day operations that support the Admissions and Enrollment of full-time MBA and MS candidates. This position also functions as the Simon School Financial Aid officer for all part- and full-time MBA and MS programs.
- Uphold an internal culture of outstanding customer service to all applicants and internal customers.
- Manage the on line application system - assign and monitor application processing, the movement of applications throughout the admissions process, and the progress of the Admissions Committee. This includes tracking admissions decisions and forecasting program enrollments.
- Manage the online application annual update and related mid-year system programming for all part- and full-time programs.
- Serve as the point-of-contact for the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management (CGSM) annual online application update. Ensure timely CGSM application and fellowship notifications, and reporting for management.
- Responsible for the ongoing data integrity between multiple systems (ApplyYourself, Darden, and University Registrar systems). Develop daily, weekly, quarterly and annual cleansing reports.
- Manage and oversee staff on the Admissions Operations team.
- Provide support to the Director of Admissions Operations during periods of planned or unplanned absences from the office.
Financial Aid Liaison
- Serve as the point-of contact to all part-time and full-time MBA and MS students seeking financial aid. Work closely with the University Office of Financial Aid and Bursar to develop processes and systems that support a proactive approach to student customer service. Document current processes and identify enhancements for financial aid administration, and communication with prospective and current students.
- Provide advisory and consultative support to incoming and current students on an ad-hoc basis - both in small group and individual settings.
- Work with senior leadership to coordinate operations and information-flow between Admissions management, other Simon offices, University Office of Financial Aid and Bursar. Oversee the International Student Loan program for incoming and continuing full-time MBA students, including loan applications, disbursements and reporting.
- Attend major recruiting events throughout the Admissions cycle; provide important financial aid information to prospective and admitted applicants.
Reporting and Special Projects
- Build and generate routine and ad-hoc queries, reports and admissions dashboards.
- Manage ad-hoc Admissions and Enrollment data requests from external sources, including the Dean and President's offices.
- Responsible for the accurate completion of multiple national and international surveys for media rankings and other external organizations.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to management on best practices for the overall collection and reporting of data.
- Proactively manage multiple projects to successful and timely completion, within tight deadlines and frequently conflicting priorities.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with at least 2-3 years of relevant work experience. Advanced technical orientation, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), report and query writing. Working knowledge of HTML preferred.
Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
Strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
Strong spelling and grammar, with the ability to edit various types of content.
Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to exercise independent judgment and follow established protocols and procedures. Prior project and staff management experience preferred.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Comfortable working with a diverse audience.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Assoc Dir of Admissions Operations & Financial Aid
Location: Simon Grad School Business
Job ID: 207452
Full/Part Time: Full-Time