University of Rochester Assoc Dir Advancement-Golisano Children's Hospital in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 056 Ofc Sr Vice Pres Advancement
8 AM-5 PM; SOME WKENDS/HOL
The Associate Director reports to the Assistant Vice President for URMC Golisano Children's Hospital (GCH) and is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gifts ($1 OOK +) as well as leadership and annual gifts, as appropriate, to support the priorities of GCH. The Associate Director will focus on grateful patients and families, community members, and other donors who care about kids' health. He/she will work both independently and in collaboration with University Advancement colleagues, URMC Advancement colleagues, GCH faculty, staff, and volunteers to strategize, solicit, and steward gifts. He/she will be expected to carry a portfolio of approximately 100 - 125 major gift prospects and will make a minimum of 125-150 face-to-face visits per year.
Some travel is required; primarily in the greater Rochester region.
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice President, the Associate Director will:
Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects
- Identify and qualify prospects through personal visits
- Develop and implement written strategies for cultivating and soliciting prospects
- Maintain regular contact with prospects and donors through visits, correspondence, and personal calls; manage and track activity related to donor activity.
Build relationships and work closely with physicians, research faculty, staff, and volunteers to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects.
Actively use Oasis and MAS systems. Prepare contact reports following visits and events. Maintain and develop pipeline. Assist in preparing progress reports toward GCH operational plan objectives.
Perform other duties as required by the Assistant Vice President.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5-7 years of development experience at a college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. He/she must demonstrate a track record of success in individual fundraising, preferably in a medical setting, and must have experience in cultivating and soliciting prospects for major gifts.
- A service-oriented approach to the work and a commitment to excellence in everything he/she does.
- A willingness to collaborate and be a team player
- Focus, persistence, and a strong goal orientation.
- A commitment to donor-centric philanthropy.
- Creativity and initiative.
- Flexibility and responsiveness.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Assoc Dir Advancement-Golisano Children's Hospital
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 207761
Full/Part Time: Full-Time