University of Rochester Assistant to the Associate Vice President of Inclusion and Culture Development in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 009 Ofc Sr VP for Health Sciences
8 AM-5 PM
Under general direction of the Administrator for the Department of Inclusion and Culture Development, the assistant will manage, develop, and execute projects as assigned. The Assistant serves as principal administrative support to both the AVP/Senior Associate Dean and the Administrator, a role that requires the incumbent to analyze complex situations and make sound, independent decisions and requires attention to the sensitive and often timely nature of information handled by the office. The Assistant represents the Associate Vice President and Senior Associate Dean for Inclusion and Culture Development and the Administrator in calls, correspondence and face-to-face contact to UR and URMC officials, faculty, staff, students as well as others outside UR, in conveyance of information, decisions, requests and instructions. This requires judgment, excellent communication skills, diplomacy and an understanding of the issues involved in order to respond appropriately to questions. A professional presentation and a positive, calm demeanor are important to display at all times. A high level of confidentiality is required due to the nature of information obtained and managed by the office and the office environment
The Assistant will also provide support for the Assistant Dean for Medical Education Diversity and Inclusion and the Director of the Paul M. Schyve MD Center for Bioethics.
- Makes arrangements for workshops and conferences, including arrangement of space, food, and coordination of speaker needs. Assistance with preparation of materials and presentations for conferences, meetings and reports. Coordinates obtaining CME certification for these conferences. Provides logistical support for conferences and courses. Assures event evaluations are completed and writes an event summary. Coordinates the logistics for programs, including arrangement of space, updating of grant applications and coordination of the selection committees. Responsible for advertising the programs to the University community and the greater Rochester community when appropriate.
- Develops and updates brochures and other materials relating to workshops and conferences. Develops and maintains distribution lists for these materials. Develops plans for advertising the availability of these workshops and conferences both within and external to the Medical Center.
- Coordinates and manages data related to projects as needed.
- Coordinates networking events for students, faculty, residents, and staff. Develops advertisements and publicity for the events. Maintains lists of attendees and feedback for developing future events.
- Maintains the OICD website including organizing materials and information to be placed on the website, maintaining an up-to-date website presence. Information should be placed on the website in a timely fashion and all material must be approved and kept current.
- Coordinates and documents advisory committees including up to date and consistent minutes. Collaborates and coordinates events with other university-wide offices, other medical school offices, school of nursing offices, medical center offices and community organizations when appropriate.
- Collects and coordinates data for annual reports institutionally and to national organizations. Drafts reports for review by the Administrator and/or AVP/Senior Associate Dean.
- Tracks expenses, and budgets including the Tana Grady-Weliky Lecture budget, Bioethics Center budget, and OICD budgets. Develops cost summaries for workshops and large events (conferences with 150-200 attendees). Assists in the preparation of grants to support faculty development activities. Provides budget spending updates to department leadership as needed/requested.
- Calendar coordination for the Administrator and Associate Vice President and Senior Associate Dean for Inclusion and Culture Development (including arranging committee meetings, appointments, special events), the Assistant Dean for Medical Education Diversity and Inclusion, and the Director for the Bioethics Center; general correspondence, both internal and external.
- Prepares the Administrator and the Associate Vice President and Senior Associate Dean for Inclusion and Culture Development for all meetings, ensuring that there is time to review written information and/or have meetings with others in order to be adequately prepared.
- Works with and supports the secretary who helps with projects, the calendar needs for the Associate Vice President and Senior Associate Dean for Inclusion and Culture Development and travel arrangements and invoice submissions.
- Handles day-to-day office operations: telecommunications, ordering supplies, etc. Drafts routine and non-routine correspondence. Maintains frequent communication and coordination with medical center faculty and senior administration offices and various external professional organizations.
- College graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs including Power Point and Excel
- Proficient with database management
- Proficient with programs such as Sharepoint, Box and Blackboard
- Knowledge of Macromedia Contribute or other Web Publishing software is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently under general direction
- Ability to take initiative and conduct projects under general direction
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Assistant to the Associate Vice President of Inclusion and Culture Development
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 209716
Full/Part Time: Full-Time