University of Rochester Assistant Director - CARE Network in Rochester, New York
Part Time 20 hours Grade 051 Office of the Dean of Students
The Assistant Director of student support services will serve as a contact for University community members who may have concerns about student behavior, both in and outside of the classroom. Upon receipt of concerns, the Assistant Director of student support services will exercise independent judgment while coordinating with the Associate Director of the CARE Network and other staff members (and parents when appropriate) to develop a response plan that will support the student.
Serve as a liaison between ODOS and other offices on campus ( e.g., academic affairs, residential life) to collect information about behavior that may appear in different areas of campus life.
Work closely with, University Counseling Center, College Center for Advising Services, University Intercessors Office, and others to develop and implement programs for various constituents in the university community that will increasing community members comfort with and usage of the reporting structure
Connect with students who have suffering injuries, either on or off campus, to offer support and assistance.
Assists the associate director in the oversight and administration of the student CARE Network at the University of Rochester. A team member in the Center for Student Conflict Management. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Conducting an initial review and processing of CARE Graduate student reports.
- Responding to reporters of CARE reports and following up with reporters when necessary.
- Contacting students of concern, providing information about campus resources, and meeting with students of concern as needed.
- Co-facilitating CARE team meetings and Student Support Network meetings.
- Assist with managing higher level Undergraduate cases including; facilitating case conferences, mandating assessments, and generating behavioral contracts.
- Facilitating trainings, workshops, and presentations pertaining to working with students of concern.
- Researching, creating, implementing and continuing the development of educational outreach programs consistent with the Communal Principles of the College.
- Working closely with the Associate Director to provide leadership and support to the campus around issues of student support.
- Manage CARE in the absence of the Associate Director.
- Remain active in regional, state and national professional organizations pertinent to the field.
- Co-manage the CARE database system responsible for tracking student behavioral issues and sensitive information about students of concern. Maintain an Access document identifying current students of concern and appropriate follow up needed. Coordinate materials for the monthly Student Support Network meeting. Manage the response to inquiries regarding the current status of a student of concern.
- Regularly attend ODOS and CSCM staff meetings; Tuesday morning CARE Team meetings; Student Support Network Meeting
- Serve on ODOS and University wide committees related to job responsibilities.
- Master's degree in higher education, counseling, or related field preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
- Requires two years (prefer three or more years) experience in college or counseling setting. Prefer experience working with students with mental illness or/other disabilities and diverse populations.
- Knowledge of higher education systems; effective communicator both written and verbal of sensitive and confidential information; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail; ability to work independently; proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships in a complex environment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Assistant Director - CARE Network
Location: The College
Job ID: 210552
Full/Part Time: Part-Time