University of Rochester Application Integration Prog Lead in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Medical Center Info. Systems
8 AM-5 PM
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 6/30/19.
General responsibilities include but not limited to:
Install and maintain application integration software and layered products on several computer platforms. Troubleshoot problems and provide consultation to customers about configuration and use of these platforms. Communicate to customers planned and implemented changes and status of problem resolution. Be responsive to end-user and IS requests for services. Coordinate with internal teams, including applications, customer services, the help desk and the data center. Function as the main resource for application upgrades and projects by helping to define the project plan and coordinate main objectives of project plan. Serve on internal integrated teams as an active participant.
Under the general direction of the ISD Application Project Director, conforming to URMC policies but retaining latitude for independent judgment and initiative:
- Design, build, test, document and install application software.Some knowledge in Shell Languages and/or Perl, is desirable.
- Experience in SQL reporting, complex databases and data extractions
- Troubleshoot network problems related to Telco communications in coordination with network administrator.
- Knowledge base in HL7 interfaces and integrations in multiple operating system environments.Experience in content and archive management from various outside sources and data types.
- Experience processing and cataloging digital collections in a variety of formats, including images, text, audiovisual, and sound
- Consult with departments on content management, routing methods, application needs and interface integration decisions.Includes ability to configure and develop workflow design.
- Interact with vendors on behalf of customers.
- Keep abreast of technology by self-study; attending job related seminars, courses or conferences which enhance personal development and strengthen the user service function.
- Ability to think creatively and work both independently and collaboratively.Recommends alternatives to get around obstacles.
- Conducts eRecord application software operating system and technical assessments.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering, and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline such as Medical Informatics, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. 1 to 3 years of related experience supporting content management software or archives and object collection cataloging is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience. OnBase, data capture, OCR or RightFax / faxing software experience helpful.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Application Integration Prog Lead
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 208367
Full/Part Time: Full-Time