University of Rochester AP Lead-Reporting in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Medical Center Info. Systems
8 AM-5 PM
The purpose of this position is to provide Analytical support to Accountable Health Partners at the University of Rochester Medical Center by thoroughly and accurately conducting analytics activities utilizing different research and business methodologies and strategies in gathering, processing, and analyzing data from different sources, within the scope of data collection including the use of various quantitative assessment measures. Under general guidance and with latitude for exercising independent technical judgment, this individual will design and evaluate essential data management analytics related activities that include: sorting of data, checking data for consistency and accuracy, and examining and understanding variable creation programs.
This individual will be working on claims, financial, clinical and other data sources, utilizing different research and business methodologies. S/he will be responsible for making recommendations regarding design as well as changes/revisions to procedures that accurately capture the data. This position requires the employee to strictly adhere to ethical standards of confidentiality of subject information at all times. The individual must also keep abreast of trends in field of interest by reading professional journals and attending meetings and seminars.
Under general guidance and with latitude for exercising independent technical judgment, performs data analysis related activities. Responsibilities include the following, as well as other related duties:
- Responsible for advanced programming and statistical analyses of data using SAS or other analytical tools. This will involve oversight of writing programs and evaluating the output for problems, resolving the problems, reanalyzing the data, and presenting the results to the Department's Director and key stakeholders. Analyses will be performed at both scheduled intervals and on an ad hoc basis.
- Leads the conceptualization and variables creation for the data analysis files. This process requires conceptualization, understanding table rates products and processes.
- Perform literature searches, organize and provide guidance and direction for variable creation and variables of interest related to analytics of population health.
- Conducts planning meetings with Department's leadership, staff and other key stakeholders to formulate the data analysis goals, ensure deliverables, determine appropriate strategies for data analysis, and evaluate data collecting methods and analysis systems to meet Department's goals.
- Is up-to-date with trends in the field and current industry standards which s/he is involved. Evaluates, writes, and/or makes recommendations on the development of new analysis procedures and protocols.
- Constructs and manages the individual-level longitudinal large datasets from all data sources with individual level, program/provider level and state level information.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering, and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Accounting. Finance, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Science or Engineering; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate degree preferred. 5+ years in a research/health care analytics environment, strong background in SAS, STAT A or an equivalent analytic software package.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: AP Lead-Reporting
Location: Health Sciences
Job ID: 211379
Full/Part Time: Full-Time