University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Neuroscience
8:30 AM-5 PM
Provides data analysis support to the Technical Director of the Multi photon Research Core facility involving performing essential image analysis consultations for core users with data derived from multiphoton imaging microscopy methodologies, establishing image pre-processing workflows at the core, managing databases, developing customized data analytics tools, incorporating newly developed algorithms into commercial software, presenting algorithms/results, and providing input to investigators on statistical issues and experimental design. Work will also involve interacting and collaborating with other data scientists in different departments and core facilities to share and exchange code and methodologies.
Manages and organizes the image data and other digital files acquired and stored at the MP core facility
Develops, tests, maintains, and evaluates image pre-processing toolboxes and platform for MP core users general use
Develops novel methods, algorithms, and models to analyze 30/40 multiphoton images by teaming with different experimentalists for particular studies, especially the immunology POI group (Principal Investigator: Dr. Deborah Fowell); evaluates and analyzes existing methods, algorithms, and models, and modifies as needed
Provides additional data analysis support to the immunology PO1 group
Interacts closely and collaborates with other data scientists at the shared resource laboratories and related departments
Training and Consultation
Facilitates image analysis training for users and other researchers on campus through workshops, seminars, etc.
Consults with MP core users and investigators to provide consultation support on image analysis methodologies and statistical issues
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering plus 2-3 years of related experience and advanced level of expertise and understanding with computational languages; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree in relevant field desirable.
- Experience and demonstrated ability with working in different programming languages, such as Matlab, Python, R, SAS etc.; experience in integrating custom code into commercial image analysis software (lmageJ, lmaris, Volocity) is highly desirable.
- Strong presentation and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong ability to work both independently and collaborating with a team.
- Experience in 3D and 4D image analysis, data segmentation, 3D reconstruction, data visualization, and big data management and storage.
- Familiarity with machine learning, neural network, and artificial intelligence is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of supercomputer, and batch/cluster computing is highly desirable.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 207701
Full/Part Time: Full-Time