University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 Neuro-Ctr Health & Tech/CTCC
8 AM-5 PM
A CHeT Analyst/Programmer will work with the study team and other departmental members to prepare a data structure to be used for capturing clinical trial data, querying and reporting on it. Principle responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Consults with departmental users to assess: data preparation and management needs, program design, testing and validation plans in a FDA regulated environment; package selection and use of systems, software and equipment. Offers solutions and suggestions to provide optimum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Based on trial specifications, builds data structures and data flow components, including standard coding dictionary setup (e.g., WHO, MedDRA). Designs or revises/refines complex program logic to facilitate accurate and efficient data entry, querying and reporting. Documents procedures used following standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- In collaboration with other study team members, tests structures, flow, query and reporting processes, using test data and trial runs. Assists in documenting process and results following standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Modifies existing programs relative to system requirements or equipment configurations and recommends necessary action. Determines and reconciles the causes of computer or program malfunctions,
- Designs, evaluates, installs, tests and maintains programming languages or application packages relative to software and equipment.
- Confers with technical personnel in systems analysis and applications planning to assess needs and recommends modifications and/or additions to existing programs and equipment.
- Provides consultation support on installed system support and related programs; instructs large groups on such systems.
- May coordinate the work of other Programmers assigned to projects and provide technical direction and guidance.
- Keeps abreast of trends as they relate to the computer field by self-study, attending job related seminars, courses or conferences which enhance personal development and strengthen the user service function.
- Performs other related duties, including presentation of seminars, software training materials, courses and instruction on computer services as required.
- Additional responsibilities as requested by manager
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics,
- Science or Engineering; and 2-3 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with SAS, Structured Query Language (SQL) and relational database applications (SQL Server, Oracle) required. Programming experience in a regulated industry such as Pharmaceutical, Drug/Device Development strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with CDISC standards, NINDS Common Data Elements (CDE) and other standardized file structure guidelines preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 212071
Full/Part Time: Full-Time