University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 053 URMC Medical Staff Services
8:30 AM-5 PM
Recommends, plans, and executes MSS Applications, i.e. Medical Staff Office for Web (MSOW) applications, and others as approved for the MSS Group, systems and technologies for University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC), for improvement of operations, efficient use of resources, improved employee/patient care and practice management.
- Serve as resource dedicated to designing, building, testing, and activating MSOW application databases.
- Serve as a backup for the Lead Programmer Analyst and/or Project Director.
- Work with system vendor’srepresentatives and internal users to ensure the system meets our customer’s needs:
- Understand the choices involved in application specifications
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the software
- Investigate preferred choices of end users
- Respond to technical questions or forward to ISD, University IT, and or vendor as appropriate
- Analyze business operations
- Prioritize and implement requested changes to the system, including maintaining database tables andimproving templates
- Analyze new functionality in new releases to determine how it should be used
- Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
- Review software and maintain database tables and manual imports
- Coordinate software updates and changes
- Review and test each new release
- Review requested enhancements
- Prepare details of specifications as needed
- Ensure that data coming across any interfaces into the application meets the business needs.Perform manual data imports.
- Serve as the primary resource for ensuring HIPAA compliance and appropriate system security access privileges.
- Develop and document internal procedures to use in conjunction with the applications set standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications. Maintain rules for how each new version is released.
Establish change control processes and procedures for the system
Support business, operational and clinical reporting needs. Help to create reports, dashboards and applications to meet multiple requirements for providing data to regulatory agencies, internal customers, and business partners.
Develop processes and procedures for system data quality assurance checks and corrective measures, including data quality and cleanup processes and procedures related to the employee demographics, downloads, etc. from integrated systems
Write system procedures. Provide individual remediation to users, based on QA analysis and other feedback.
- BS in a technical field (IT, CS, SE) OR combination of education and work experience (2-4 years minimum) as a Web Developer.
- 2-4 years software development experience with at least one general purpose programming language (Java, C#, Python) required.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems, and developed critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills and follow-up skills.
- Knowledge of ETL and associated transformation processes a plus
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 208046
Full/Part Time: Full-Time