University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Sr in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Anesthes & Periop Medicine
Analyzes problems, provides program specifications, and develops or modifies programs.
- Under general guidance and with latitude for independent judgment and initiative:
- Designs, evaluates, installs, tests and maintains programming languages or application packages relative to software and equipment. Confers with technical personnel in systems analysis and applications planning to assess needs and recommends modifications and/or additions to existing programs and equipment.
- Consults with user departments to assess data preparation and management needs, program design and testing; package selection and use of systems, software and equipment. Offers solutions and suggestions to provide optimum efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Provides consultation support on installed system support and related programs; instructs large groups on such systems.
- Designs and verifies complex program logic by preparing test data and trial runs. Codes program instructions and revises and/or refines programs. Documents procedures used.
- Modifies existing programs relative to system requirements or equipment configurations and recommends necessary action. Determines and reconciles the causes of computer or program malfunctions.
- May coordinate the work of other Programmers assigned to projects and provide technical direction and guidance.
- Keeps abreast of trends as they relate to the computer field by self study, attending job related seminars, courses or conferences which enhance personal development and strengthen the user service function.
- Performs other related duties, including presentation of seminars, courses and instruction on computer services as required.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering; and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Sr
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 211262
Full/Part Time: Full-Time