University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Sr in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 054 Info Systems SMH
8 AM-5 PM
Utilizing knowledge of information systems and dental clinical and business processes, provide analytical, consultative and project management resources in support of the implementation and ongoing support of the enterprise-wide dental information system which includes registration, scheduling, billing, electronic records and digital radiology.
- Under general direction and with latitude for independent judgment:
- Serves as primary analyst for axiUm in EIOH. Assists in the design, implementation, coordination and evaluation of dental information systems projects throughout EIOH.
- Evaluates clinical information system performance using established
- performance standards and in accordance with department needs. Designs programs and implements system improvements to enhance operations.
- Serves as project manager and/or team member for assigned information systems projects involving the implementation of new dental information systems. Consults with Project Director as needed.
- Develops and implements custom reports utilizing Crystal Reports.
- Recommends and develops database queries and reporting per customer and project team requests. Provides data collection and analysis support.
- Designs, evaluates, installs, tests and maintains dental information system applications relative to software and hardware. Consults with other technical and applications specialists to assess needs and identify solutions to ensure efficiency.
- Provides day to day technical and application support to faculty, managers and staff and assists the Project Director with implementation activities, troubleshooting and testing.
- Provides testing and training support to all end users. Performs thorough testing of new and modified applications and technologies and documents procedures used.
- Coordinates implementation of major systems changes required by axiUm.
- Supervises procedural changes, designs and presents required educational material and coordinates communication strategies.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem solving skills to meet clinician and customer needs within resource constraints.
- Develops information systems reference and instructional materials and provides training, guidance and assistance as needed.
- Contacts outside vendors, consultants and personnel from other dental schools for benchmarking and information gathering purposes.
- Participates in priority setting for EIOH cost and quality goals with regard to information systems. Activity partipates in departmental and EIOH meetings and committees as assigned.
Identifies problems, issues and recommendations for procedural and system changes and communicates them to the appropriate manager
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field. Minimum of three years experience in an information systems environment; preferably in a Health Care environment. Minim um of two years experience developing complex reports utilizing Crystal Reports. Project management experience preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Sr
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 214060
Full/Part Time: Full-Time