University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Lead in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Psychiatry SMH Administration
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS
The Dedicated Technical Resource (DTR) is an Information Systems Division (ISD) employee who will deliver focused reporting and business analysis for a specific department ("home department"). The DTR will have a dual reporting structure: an 15D manager who will direct work from a technical perspective, ensuring that all 15D processes and standards are followed, and a home department manager who will assign and prioritize reporting requests according to business needs.
During the first 3 months, the DTR will spend most of his/her time at the designated ISD location, learning ISD procedures and gaining familiarity with the Epic system. After the initial 3-month period, the DTR will be expected to be onsite at the ISD location 2-3 days a week, and onsite in the home department 2-3 days a week.
- Coordinate with ISD and the home department to determine priorities for work to be done. Lead integrated meetings that will include the representatives from the home department, 15D Data & Analytics, and appropriate build team(s). Publish an agenda before and meeting minutes after
- Work with the home department to determine requirements for new reports and report enhancements.
- Research existing reports (including Epic model reports, as well as previously-developed custom reports) to determine whether a report already exists that will satisfy requirements.
- Enhance existing reports, or develop new reports, that will satisfy requirements. Thoroughly test reports, and obtain user validation.
- Promote and implement reports in accordance with ISD policy.
- Provide production support and maintenance as needed for home department reports.
- Obtain required Epic certifications. Stay current with Epic upgrades.
- Maintain current knowledge base and expertise in SQL Server and reporting tools.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Science or Engineering and 5 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience with report writing tools
- Ability to gain familiarity with Epic applications and database structure through formal training and/or self-study
- Master's degree
- 7 years relevant work experience
- 5 years SQL programming experience
- 5 years of report development experience (Crystal Reports preferred}
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Management Studio
- Highly organized with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage own time effectively
- Proven ability to work professionally and progressively in a matrix organization
- Proven business process design and development skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven customer service orientation and excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Prior experience working with healthcare information systems
- Experience with Epic Clarity and Caboodle data models
- Ability and initiative to learn new technologies
- Ability to analyze workflow and process build and changes and utilize technology to perform complex data analysis
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Lead
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 212781
Full/Part Time: Full-Time