University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Lead in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 University IT / EA
8 AM-5 PM
The University of Rochester is recruiting a Lead Analyst/Programmer to work in Information Technology Services as part of the team that supports the financial systems. This person will work on the design, development, configuration, testing, implementation, maintenance and upgrades, security of applications and leading projects supporting the core University Finance systems both cloud-based and on premise.
This individual will:
- Plan and lead Financial projects, developing project plans and estimates.May coordinate the work of other financial support/development resources.May evaluate and recommend testing and evaluation of new procedures and software.Will create procedures and maintain application and system related documents and programs.
- Work with users to understand and document business requirements.Assist in the translation of the business requirements into configurable software components and rules.
- Perform analysis activities and create/participate in the creation of the functional specification under the direction of more senior applications development staff.
- Perform program-level design activities (program flows, logic, file/database changes, etc).Create/participate in the creation of the system design specification under the direction of a more senior developer. Attend system design reviews and code walkthroughs.
- Understand financial business processes including financial transactions, accounts payable, general ledger, budgeting and encumbrance as well as participate in process modeling for financial discipline.
- Participate in the configuration and testing of the proof of concept activities and associated tools.
- Prepare necessary paperwork and documentation to ensure conformance to departmental/corporate standards and procedures.
- Execute unit tests. Work closely with application testers on the preparation of test plans, test data and integrated unit testing.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technology, equipment, and/or systems. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 4 to 6 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.Equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience in higher education field preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to handle and lead multiple tasks at one time and meet required deadlines
- Ability to actively participate and lead a team
- Ability to translate business needs into solution requirements
- Good understanding and programming skills with J2EE, Boomi, and Visual Studio preferred
- Strong understanding of the basics of OO programming required
- Experience in .Net programming preferred
- Good understanding Intranet based applications
- Demonstrated proficiency in Oracle on Unix DBMS and SQL Server environments
- Experience with Workday, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle or other similar ERP solution desirable
- Ability to provide on-call support as required
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Lead
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 203500
Full/Part Time: Full-Time