University of Rochester Analyst/Programmer Lead in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Imaging Sciences-IT
Provide advanced imaging informatics support to UR Medicine, acquiring knowledge about business applications and employing/enhancing analytical skills through project exposure and working with the users to clarify their needs/requirements. Serves as lead for Cardiology Systems maintained by Enterprise Imaging. Responsible for workflow implementation, training of peer team members, working closely with Imaging Sciences workflow expert and eRecord application subject matter expert to develop highly effective workflow and PACS and infrastructure solutions.
Under minimal direction within department and enterprise guidelines and standards:
- System Administration – For assigned systems, independently designs and recommends implementations of standard or complex new or upgraded systems under Imaging Sciences or Cardiovascular Service Line. Helps support the large enterprise critical systems such as the VNA, routing tier, HL7 interfaces, and other complex backend infrastructure. Works with Application team to make changes to greater stabilize systems or provide workflow optimizations. Serve as the lead Engineer for assigned systems.
- Project Management. Oversee implementation of new systems, upgrades, patches and decommissions. Following PM best practices as well as Enterprise Imaging and ISD SOP such as change control and go live readiness checklists etc. Ensure new system/upgrades follow standard infrastructure as appropriate. Review, interpret and decide on infrastructure requirements to ensure system functions at optimal level. Works with assigned Application Administrator for front end requirements and training of customers.
- On Call support of all Enterprise Imaging PACS applications including Cardio systems but also eView, Primordial workflow manager, and diagnostic workstation issues, the Routing tier, OrthoView, Portal etc.Appropriate triage and escalation to partner IT groups as necessary.
- Application System Maintenance. Provide routine health checks either personally or by working with the vendor.Review and implement recommendations of the vendor. Configure monitoring tools for early warning and to provide meaningful alerts to team. Monitor system and provide proactive recommendations for improvement or problem avoidance.Cross train and support all Enterprise Imaging applications from a Systems perspective.
- Administrative functions including change control, on call calendar management, time away management, and training.
Imaging informatics and imaging processing knowledge and experience required.
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline such as Imaging Technology, Nuclear Medicine, Sonography, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, and 4-5 years of related experience, preferably 2-3 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prior experience in multiple imaging informatics areas of expertise including PACS (picture archiving and communication system), RIS (radiology information system) or CVIS (cardiovascular information system), or Radiation Oncology Systems, Electronic Medical Record integration, advanced imaging processing or CAD (computer aided diagnosis), reporting and teleradiology preferred.
Experience troubleshooting diagnostic workstations and.r advanced imaging analysis workstations preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Analyst/Programmer Lead
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207439
Full/Part Time: Full-Time