University of Rochester Ambulatory Technologist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 090 Psychiatry SMH MIPS
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS AS NEEDED
The Ambulatory Clinical Technologist performs clinical duties in addition to clerical functions to support care providers in the delivery of patient care activities. These duties include a variety of technical, procedural, information systems tasks, as well as administrative support as defined below. The Ambulatory Clinical Technologist is expected to engage in customer service activities using a Patient and Family Centered approach consistent with the "I CARE" behaviors of the University of Rochester Medical Center. He/she exercises skill, with latitude for independent judgment, in decisions regarding patient flow, procedural support, management of equipment and patient room supply needs in meeting provider needs . The Ambulatory Clinical Technologist conducts self in a manner that is open, approachable, and conducive to teamwork within the area of practice and acts as a role model to new staff. The Ambulatory Clinical Technologist receives clinical guidance from the Nurse Leader and medical/nursing providers (MD's, DO's, NPP's, CNS, RNs).
- Obtains and records vital signs per unit policy/standards of care.
- Conducts screening for pain, allergies, and other patient specific measures during office visits per unit standards and in accordance with eRecord workflows.
- Documents blood pressure findings, pain score, and allergy information in the EMR.
- Utilizes daily schedules in identifying tasks/flow to be carried out with assigned patients/groups, maximizes room utilization (exam and procedure rooms) through establishing efficient communication systems with other members of the team and through assuring that needed supplies are available.
- Performs specimen collection duties (i.e. urine toxicology screens) following the appropriate procedures for specimen collection and labeling. Uses the EMR as part of this process.
- Notifies provider of patient arrival.
- Observes patients and reports any changes in patient condition to appropriate provider during exam
- Performs telephone outreach activities to reschedule patients who may be due for appointments or have missed a previously scheduled appointment.
- Recognizes emergency situations and initiates appropriate response following the direction of nurses, physicians and other authorized personnel during emergencies.
- Executes other duties within scope of training as assigned by direct supervisor or other authorized professional staff.
- Tracks and input Encounter forms and SALs data into Alpha
- Maintain accurate patient demographic information in the scheduling system
- Perform Reception Desk duties and provide coverage of desk as assigned by supervisor
- Perform other daily clerical tasks as assigned by supervisor
Clinical Support Coordination
- Maintains clinical equipment through appropriate disinfection and operational maintenance procedures as per SMH policy. Performs daily, weekly, monthly checks on equipment (as per standard) and documents quality control results as required.
- Conducts inventory of supplies and requisitions needed supplies from supervisor.
- Assists in scheduling Bio-Medical engineering or outside vendors in the calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists with maintenance and inventory of sterile and non-sterile supplies and specialty equipment
- Collects data for quality improvement studies; works with leadership identifying areas for improvement and opportunities to improve patient and provider experiences in the area.
- Assists in the tracking of supply utilization for cost trending purposes.
- Participates in research activities as directed.
High School diploma or equivalent plus three years of experience in a patient care setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates degree preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and computer experience is preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Ambulatory Technologist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208515
Full/Part Time: Full-Time