University of Rochester Ambulatory Technologist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 090 Imaging Sciences-PET Ctr.
THIS POSITION HAS AN END DATE OF 12/31/18.
Performs clinical and technical functions to support faculty, nursing and technical staff with patient care activities. Participates with coordinating workflow in order to maintain efficient operation of the area. Conducts self in a manner that is conductive to teamwork with in the area of practice.
- Assists the Radiologic Technologist with procedures including accompanying the technologist to the patient bedside for portable exams.
- Is competent using various equipment including patient page system, stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Assists with safe transfer and transport of patients including assistance to parking lot via wheel chair.
- Assists the patient in changing clothes for procedure.
- Processes Images using the CRs.
- Schedules and Completes patient information in V10 Imagecast as needed.
- Turns over area in preparation for the next patient. Tasks include; remove dirty linen, red bags and garbage, wipes down all counters, puts clean linen on the table.
- Provides assistance with other duties under the direction of the technologist.
- Any questions concerning an exam from a physician or other patient care provider must be directed to the shift supervisor or technologist that is taking care of the patient.
High School diploma or equivalent plus three years of experience in a patient care setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer Associate degree and/or certificate in a related field, or three years of experience in a patient care setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures is preferred. Computer experience is preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Ambulatory Technologist
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 206588
Full/Part Time: Full-Time