University of Rochester Ambulatory Technologist in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 090 Imaging Sciences-General X-Ray
Performs clinical and technical functions to support faculty, nursing and technical staff with patient care activities. Participates with coordinating workflow in order to maintain efficient operation of the area. Conducts self in a manner that is conductive to teamwork with in the area of practice.
- Assists the Radiologic Technologist with procedures including accompanying the technologist to the patient bedside for portable exams.
- Is competent using various equipment including patient page system, stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Assists with safe transfer and transport of patients including assistance to parking lot via wheel chair.
- Assists the patient in changing clothes for procedure.
- Processes Images using the CRs.
- Schedules and Completes patient information in V10 Imagecast as needed.
- Turns over area in preparation for the next patient. Tasks include; remove dirty linen, red bags and garbage, wipes down all counters, puts clean linen on the table.
- Provides assistance with other duties under the direction of the technologist.
- Any questions concerning an exam from a physician or other patient care provider must be directed to the shift supervisor or technologist that is taking care of the patient.
- Interacts in a respectful manner, considerate of age and physical abilities (i.e., sight, and hearing needs).
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient from neonate thru geriatrics.
- Possesses the ability to assess the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs as per department policies and procedures.
- Interactions are courteous, clear and helpful to the customer
- Creates positive interface between radiology department and all it’s customers.
- Does not allow personal conflicts or problems to interfere with interactions. Does not participate in gossip
- Understands customer’s unique needs and expectations.
High School diploma or equivalent and three years of experience in a patient care setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures is preferred. Computer experience is preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Ambulatory Technologist
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 207812
Full/Part Time: Full-Time