University of Rochester Administrator II in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 055 Urology
8 AM-4:30 PM; WKENDS/HOL AS NEEDED
Primarily responsible for leadership and management of the daily operations of the assigned campus and or/non-campus patient care locations. Promote the URMC and department strategic objectives, mission, vision and care standards.
Provides leadership and oversight for all administrative/operational, financial (budget responsibility) and personnel operations (hiring. discipline and separation activities) within assigned clinical practices, and serves as primary contact for implementation of strategic program growth initiatives in support of the department hub/spoke model for tertiary care within designated regions. Collaborates with faculty and nursing leading to achieve department and system goals within a compliant manner. As an administrative representative of the University, this position interacts with internal and external partners, foster collaborative relations, ensure consistent process/procedures across all practice locations and, incorporates URMFG access goals into practice initiatives.
- Responsible for the daily clinical operational performance of campus/non-campus sites associated with UR Medicine Urology.
- Utilizes the principles of lean performance to assess the practice operation for effective systems, structure, functions and leadership. Develops and implements action plans to address gaps and sets goals for growth/productivity. Modifies action plans as needed.
- Translates and implements a culture that focuses on a "group model" with shared cultures of engagement to optimize processes and procedures across all locations.
- Along with site manager, responsible for ePARC efficiency and accuracy.
- Responsible for monitoring patient access metrics and performance achieving access goals.
- Responsible for overseeing team member roficiency and working with site leadership to achieve and maintain accuracy standards.
- Meet with each leader weekly or biweekly and participate in monthly site meeting for all administrative team members. Document all meetings with agenda and follow-up items.
- Exhibits and promotes a culture of extraordinary customer service, employee engagement, and maximize practice efficiency (lean performance improvement). Success is measured via team member engagement survey results and patient satisfaction results.
- Coordinate with landlords, Cabot and team members to maintain the buildings, grounds, facilities and equipment in a manner consistent with the highest standards of safety, sanitation, efficiency and appearance; coordinates space improvemnt within assigned regional practices.
- Active participation in URMC, URMFG and department committees to appropriately meet goals and maintain accurate information/communication to all parties.
- Responsible for the financial performance of offices and coordinating activities with urology finance manager and program administrator.
- Control expenses and establish guidelines for distribution of expenses.
- Monitor volumes (and revenue), and implement changes in operation processes and staffing to ensure goals are achieved.
- Master the reporting tools to produce analytical summary of practice goals, opportunities, or achievements.
- Provide recommendations on cost and productivity improvements.
- Work with appropriate representatives to promote continuity of billing and compliance process and procedure, consistent with documented enterprise guidelines.
- Collaborate with URMC and department leadership including regional strategic plan initiatives to ensure goals are met and barriers removed.
- Promote the organization vision to all internal and external stakeholders in order to enhance outcomes of strategic plans.
- Participate in outreach events which build regional professional referral network (hub and spoke) as well as brand awareness for healthcare consumers within designated regions.
Human Resource Management
- Manage site managers of all assigned locations.
- Responsible for hiring, managing performance and performance evaluation and leadership coaching of site managers/leads.
- Manages functional job descriptions to assure accuracy.
- Establish annual performance goals and objectives for each team member. Participate in performance evaluation process for team members at assigned sites.
- Ensures that practice sites are staffed appropriately, while adhering to budgeted FTE's.
- Liaison and coordinator to HR business partner for resolution of personnel issues.
Training and Development
- Oversee execution of staff training, education and career development opportunities.
- Coach and mentor office managers and other team members in development of appropriate leadership skills.
- Collaborate with all faculty and staff to build a positive culture for learning.
- Monitor quality improvement initiatives, providing continuous feedback to faculty and staff to maximize patient satisfaction targets and goals.
- BS in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field;
- Management experience required; 5+ years of healthcare leadership experience, preferably in a multi-site or ambulatory environment
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of personal guidelines and financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of medical practices, terminology, and reimbursement policies.
- Demonstrated skill in planning, organizing, delegating, and supervising.
- Proficiency with computer systems, hospital based system (Epic, et al), and Microsoft applications including Office, Outlook, Power Point, Excel,
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, decision-making, problem solving and conflict management
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrator II
Location: Medical Faculty Group
Job ID: 206848
Full/Part Time: Full-Time