University of Rochester Administrative Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Orthopaedics M&D;
8 AM-4:30 PM
With latitude for independent judgment and priority setting provides direct administrative support to the Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation. The position is responsible for departmental administrative details and duties requiring extensive experience with policies, procedures and practices of the University. Coordinates Grand Rounds program and Alumni Relations program for department. Assists Education Administrator and Department Office Administrator as requested.
Coordinates Resident and Fellow Alumni Relations program:
- Plans, implements and promotes alumni programs that support the University's strategic plan as well as the goals of the Department.
- Ensures quality and completeness of alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, postal returns, etc.
- Establishes and builds relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications.
- Educates graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programs.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates alumni projects, special events, and reunions for the residency and fellowship programs.
Coordinates Grand Rounds Program:
- Proactively prepares annual Grand Rounds CME application and quarterly CME reports.
- Coordinates all aspects of visits for nationally and internationally recognized invited speakers including travel, entertainment, schedules, CME requirements, reimbursements
- Prepares and monitors grand rounds budget.
- Coordinates Annual States Lecture, Annual Schwartz Lecture, Annual Burton Visiting Professorship.
Coordinates Quality Assurance CME Program:
- Proactively prepares annual Quality Assurance CME application and quarterly CME reports.
- Prepares monthly meeting handouts, maintains attendance roster.
Intern Assignments for Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Liaison for Ortho Intern Assignments for the Internal Medicine Residency program. Assists with coordinating Ortho providers for shadowing opportunities
Faculty Dosimetry Badges
Serves as the contact for dispersing and collecting dosimetry badges monthly, requesting badges for new faculty, dispersing monthly and yearly radiation exposure reports.
Serves as contact in the hiring of students for research projects. Duties include creating job descriptions, posting positions, scheduling of interviews, processing requirements to submit student for hire and approving time in HRMS.
Department Shadowing Program
Serves as a backup for departmental shadowing program.
Provides support for Department Office Administrator
- Assists with medical staff credentialing and serves as back up.
- Assists with faculty appointments.
- Provide backup for Department Chairman calendar, travel, and other duties as requested.
- Provides coverage of the Department office.
- Other duties as assigned by Administrator or Chairman.
Provides support for Education Administrator
- Serves as backup for resident rotations schedules, duty hours, ACGME Accreditation site visit, Med Hub, resident evaluations, and other electronic systems
- Assists with annual residency recruitment.
- Assists with duties involving medical students including scheduling rotations, attending welcome meetings, collecting feedback from attending and resident staff.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent of experience and training. One year of relevant administrative experience. Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the University, as well as alumni and other constituents and the public. Strong writing, planning, and organizational skills. Flexibility, initiative, and the ability to work independently. High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information. Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Asst
Location: School of Medicine & Dentistry
Job ID: 209077
Full/Part Time: Full-Time