University of Rochester Administrative Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Physical Medicine & Rehab
The Executive Assistant work directly with the Chair of PMR, providing ongoing administrative support. The AA must be an excellent communicator, serving as primary contact and liaison to various internal and external constituents, interacting with the Chair and department of PMR. This individual shall be a multitasker, capable of working in a high performing environment, handling projects targeting various departmental and medical center initiatives. This individual must deal with confidential information, must be able to work with limited supervision, and exercise independent judgment. They must understand and communicate University and Departmental policies and procedures and must be highly professional in representing the department and enterprise in all scenarios.
- Responsible for scheduling, coordinating and overseeing Chair calendar. Assisting the Chair in meeting deadline dates, controlling and prioritizing access, resolving scheduling conflicts, gathering pertinent information for meetings, including background information for decision, and materials for formulating agendas.
- Prepare confidential correspondence, internal and external. Write, edit and complete written communications, including drafting of letters, offer letters, personal correspondences, among other written tasks.
- Interface with the Office of Academic affairs as it relates to faculty recruitment, and forms
- Organize travel itineraries for the Chair as well as potential faculty recruits, guest speakers, visiting professors and coordinate reimbursement as applicable.
- Act as department liaison with Medical Staff Office, managing reappointment, appointments, promotions, as well as hospital and payer credentialing.
- Assist with CARF (Commission on the Accreditation of Rehab Facilities) as it relates to scheduling and travel arrangement, interfacing with the clinical team as appropriate.
- Education: Interface and work collaboratively with the School of Medicine and Dentistry Registrar to coordinate medical student electives in PMR. Assists with coordination and scheduling of courses in PMR and related duties.
- Provide Residency education support as it relates to data collection, scheduling, and related support.
- Provide Program Administrator support; calendar management; scheduling meetings and other assigned duties to support strategic goals of the department.
College graduate or an equivalent combination of experience and training. One year of relevant administrative experience. Excellent interpersonal skills; MS Office skills (proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel)
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Asst
Location: Strong Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 208488
Full/Part Time: Full-Time