University of Rochester Administrative Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 Research & Project Admin
8 AM-4:30 PM
Provide support for Associate Director, Research Administrators, and Material Transfer Agreement Administrator in the Office of Research and Project Administration. Responsible for all administrative and clerical responsibilities for an assigned portfolio of departments. Support the administration of agreements and research projects. Prepare and distribute a set of standardized agreements under the supervision of the Associate Director. Assist with general office management and oversight functions.
Under general direction and with limited latitude for independent judgement:
- Responsible for accurate entry of MTAs (material transfer agreement), DUAs (data use agreements), and CDAs (confidentiality agreements) data into ORPA database (Inteum/Huron). Maintains database repository of agreement data for MI As, DU As, and CDAs. This information will include, but will not be limited to, status and terms of agreements, and current counter party contact information. Provides periodic reporting on the status of current and pending agreements to Associate Director, and others as necessary. Serve as central entry point for all agreements and appropriately triage in accordance with established process
- Develop and maintain a working understanding of template agreements being utilized. These include, but are not limited to, the Uniform Biological Material Transfer Agreement (UBMTA), the Federal Demonstration Partnership Data Use Agreements, the Associate of University Technology Managers (AUTM) agreement templates, and the University Industry Demonstration Partnership template agreements. Provide guidance and education on the use and appropriateness of these agreements.
- Pilot the use of electronic filing software as well as software updates working closely with responsible parties to ensure department's requirements are met
- Responsible for receipt and distribution of MTAs, DUAs, CDAs from federal sponsors
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of MT A, DUA, and CDA files for depa1tment portfolio and manage monthly agreement termination list
- Prepare and send electronic documents to internal partners including but not limited to Research Subjects Review Board, UR Ventures, Biosafety, Privacy office, etc., in accordance with defined parameters
- Serve as backup for other clerical staff with respect to phone coverage, supply ordering, equipment maintenance. Assist with other general ORPA tasks in collaboration with faculty and their suppo1t staff.
- Keep abreast of trends such as sponsor policies and procedures, as they relate to MTAs, DUAs, and CDAs by self-study, attending seminars/webinars, professional meetings and courses that enhance personal development and strengthen the user function.
- In collaboration with ORP A staff, engage in special projects and studies. Develop or coordinate the development of University educational tools with respect to MTAs, DUAs, and CDAs, or assist with the development of University wide or internal policies.
- Assist in presentations and training workshops to the University community regarding MT As, CDAs, and DUAs.
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 1 year of relevant administrative experience.
Prefer at least four years of general office experience. Attention to detail, demonstrated organizational skills, and the ability to communicate on a professional level are essential for this position. Demonstrated ability to process high volume of tasks in effective and efficient manner. Experience with contracts preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Asst
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 208683
Full/Part Time: Full-Time