University of Rochester Administrative Asst in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 051 President's Office
9 AM-6 PM
Under general guidance and with significant latitude for independent judgment and initiative, provides support to the Executive Assistant to the President, Deputy Secretary of the Board/Deputy Chief of Staff, and to the President. The Administrative Assistant works with the Deputy Secretary of the Board/Deputy Chief of Staff to manage office operations. Requires the ability to work closely and effectively with all staff in the Office of the President in a fast-paced, team-oriented, high-visibility environment. Requires professionalism and the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Independently runs day-to-day operations of busy reception desk in the President's Office suite. Manages in-person access to the President and other senior leaders in the President's Office. Utilizes good judgment and diplomacy when interacting with visitors.
- Provides support to the Executive Assistant to the President, Deputy Secretary of the Board/Deputy Chief of Staff, and to the President. Prepares briefings, conducts research, and handles information requests needed for the President's daily briefing folders. Maintains the President's contact list. Utilizing general scheduling guidelines, has the authority to commit the President's time to meetings and calls, and make adjustments to the President's schedule as needed.
- Provides backup support for other office functions such as presidential correspondence, event support, and business operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. One year of relevant administrative experience.
- Preferred three years of progressively responsible experience in an office setting, in an executive or other high visibility, fast-paced environment. Higher education experience is helpful.
- Requires team-oriented, positive approach and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with diverse constituencies, including executive-level professionals and the president on a daily basis.
- Individual must be able to multi-task, manage many details with accuracy, work under pressure, and maintain professional attitude.
- Individual must be able to adjust to changing or competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Requires solid computer skills, including proficiency in Outlook, SharePoint, Web navigation, Microsoft Excel and Word.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Administrative Asst
Location: Central Administration
Job ID: 210305
Full/Part Time: Full-Time